10:30 am. Its a real rollercoaster of emotion at times. After watching the movie I want to go to WV. Made me real uncomfortable. Watch 'The Wild & Wonderful Whites of West Virginia' on Tribeca Shortlist now. He was in a wheelchair with one leg. I will say this. The White family clearly consented to having a film made about them and they would have had their own reasons for doing this whether it be for money, publicity, fame. The number of Hispanics in Jefferson County has increased 1.7 percentage points, to 6.3 percent of the total population, in the last decade. He's this [shoots birds]. That trailer is this movies blessing and its curse. Those who leave flourish! One of the criticisms of the movie before it even came out was that we didnt need another movie about Jesco. The wild and wonderful whites of West Virginia is a short documentary made by Johnny Knoxville in the early 2010 about the White family. slavesss had it better then this, sonya They are not crazy, they are lazy useless drains on the decent working class of the nation and should be sterilized before they breed more little scum. July 28, 2010 @ Just watched the documentary. November 4, 2010 @ View Site Why should we want to support that? You know what my daddy used to say? I think I'm gonna home on an alternative sentence. $9.99 Buy. November 18, 2013 @ I meant to kill that motherfucker. 10:53 am, The Triggerman They live in the past, hoping that the good reputation from their grandfather D. Ray White and his dancing skills, somehow still define a family that has become a disgrace to every West Virginian. All they do is drugs in front of children, drugs while pregnant and in the hospital, drugs on a toilet, drugs in front of your 84 yr old mother on her bday, a little kid saying he will Kill Dennis and slit his throat about 5 times and the mother laughs, and the nephew almost kills his uncle. home July 26, 2010 @ More shocking that they are all not in prison or a mental institution. Numerous musicians have made tribute songs for Jesco White and the White family. There are very few jobs in the state of West Virginia and even if there were more jobs, most people live in such remote areas, that they have no way to commute (with any degree of reliability). The movie was a bit depressing. Hank III definately has a point.He probably saw Dancing Outlaw which focuses almost entirely on Jesco and his tap dancing.Its a great little film and if youre interested in The Whites you have to see it. I have to admit, if there's a pill laid out there, I'm gonna do it'cause I know I only got 48 hours to do it in. Copyright 2023 West Virginia MetroNews Network. This is the Official Fan Page for The Wild And Wonderful Whites of West Virginia. The Wild & Wonderful Whites of West Virginia explicitly depicts Mamie White, and other members of the White family abusing and selling prescription drugs and other illegal substances. February 11, 2018 @ No I've never done Angel Dust. He thinks he's going home when he gets back to Boone County, but I got news for him, he's not. In the great melting pot of America, the Mountain State is more of a racially isolated side dish. Every circumstance I met with served only to render my state more painful, and heighten my apprehensions, and my opinion of the cruelty of the whites. Maybe Im sentimental but that picture was one of my favorite parts of the movie and if it didnt make final cut, that sucks. The big question is, has anyone involved with the film been upset enough about the final product to attempt to have themselves removed from ANY association with it? Things got so bad I moved to Albuquerque.. Yeah Im hella late to the party but I just watched the movie on Amazon Prime. That's the mark of the beast. After tonight, you might not see Mamie again. The Wild & Wonderful Whites can be seen On Demand through Amazon by CLICKING HERE. It paralyzed her right arm, and her side of her right face. Enter the email address you signed up with and we'll email you a reset link. That being said, people have to survive, they have to eat and if they are too broke to pay for any type of entertainment, then sex becomes the only form of fun they can afford, hence you end up with large families of impoverished people living in remote areas where there is no work available. The easter egg is found in the Alamo Sea region of San Andreas, dancing to an Ozark Mountain Daredevils song being played on a small boombox behind him. Campfire . Mamie told the Coal Valley News, Im not happy with the scenes of drug use and neither is JescoWe havent gotten enough from Johnny Knoxville to amount to anything.. Dang Hot Chicken Family Meal $47.94. Just because some has money doesnt mean we should fucking shun them i herd a story about the jack ass crew showing up to a Bob Wayne show one time and damn near buying them outta Merch to show support and that is straight from bobs mouth.. Johnny Knoxville helping with this film is a fucking good thing. 88 minutes. In the first version I saw at a film festival, they showed a picture of Birtie Mae White and all the kids shes raised. Your email address will not be published. Dont they know all this can be used as evidence if they get arrested. p. 518, and elsewhere.Mantegazza, in his 'Viaggi e Studi,' strongly insists on this same principle. Steve Allen Rowe used his 12-gauge shotgun to shoot D. Ray once in the chest, Jesco received one neck wound, and Dorsey a single gunshot to the eye. Required fields are marked *, Notify me of follow-up comments via e-mail. It's hyping you up. Glenn Dubya I couldnt get all the way through The Wild and Wonderful Whites. ? He said the first time he met Kid Rock, Kid said hes the next Elvis lol. C'mon. The 2009 documentary The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia follows the infamous outlaw Appalachian family the Whites of Boone County, West Virginia, including Jesco White (who inherited his father's talents for blending tap dancing with traditional mountain clog dancing). They live off the land and off hard work. Good mountain people learn to work the land. In 2009s The Wild & Wonderful Whites of West Virginia, Mamie was arguably the focal point of the film as the familys matriarch after the passing of her mother, Bertie Mae White. Yet, when one takes a step backs from the alien aesthetics, another story emerges that sits firmly within a tradition of independent films such as Happiness, Magnolia, and American Beauty. Then you have the older teens on camera not only saying every prescription he has done but go sell pills to make some money. One day they had taken a number of fishes; and when they had killed and satisfied themselves with as many as 81 they thought fit, to our astonishment who were on the deck, rather than give any of . I'm holding him hostage. Jesco and his family arent icons. It was sad, funny at times, hard to watch at others, and it made you feel good to see Kirk come out of rehab at the end. Ticktock Language. Nontheless,it is an outstanding film.I believe it is entirely appropriate to show this side of american life.True,much of it is not pretty.But it also true that throughout the history of the US the outlaw life has helped push the boundries of personal liberty to the benefit of us all.So I hope Jesco and the Whites rock on! During keoni cbd gummies charles stanley his hospital stay, his daughter finally talked can i use cbd oil instead of water for gummies to him on the phone, but her tone made it buy cbd gummies clear that she was not ready to become friends with Larissa. I dont know how much of a movie that would have been though. Now like if you started some shit with me, it would be, I'd like, I'd fight you. It did not delve into the causes of the problems of the White family or West Virginia. Judging a film by a few clips is like me judging his album after listening to a song or two. 10:15 pm. Its more of the people that made it should have concentrated a little bit more on the creativity, and the good vibes that the White family bring to the table. Films in no small way have the ability to reflect and shape public perceptions. 7:47 pm. Every up and coming artist needs to watch that and take those words to heart. They filmed what they needed for their project and the Whites gave them the content and permission. 8:51 pm. Feel me? Take me to Dennis so I can blow his head off. 3:05 pm. J. Parker Bazzle II, Big & Rich, Ponty's Camper. Andy's Dandys is co-owned by young Andrew Whiteford. When the promo for the white movie first came out (which includes a brief appearance from Hank III), some people wondered if the movie exploits the Whites. I think something's good gonna happen. your mama n momaw is a saint do it for her friend in jesus, Stuart Carroll [12][13], White was first profiled on the Public Broadcasting Service's Different Drummer series. May we all be so lucky. 6:39 pm. "[15][16] The director used this opportunity to unveil Jesco's talent and introduce America to the Dancing Outlaw. Oh yea if I was a cop in that county all I need to do is watch this film. Not only the baby testing positive for drugs but seeing her on film doing drugs in the hospital after delivering her child. They grewup poor n some cant or dont know how to get out. Such interesting debate here and I think every point made is a valid one. A gritty but honest look at Appalachia's criminal underbelly through the eyes of West Virginia "dancing outlaw" Jesco White and his family. If i want to see that all i got to do is look around. declared ungovernable July 26, 2010 @ A documentary by director Julien Nitzberg, this film focuses on the renowned West Virginia outlaw Jesco White and his eccentric backwoods family. You gotta kill the cow to get that beef or what, buddy? The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia. As the network portrays it, the series whose Season 1 finale drew 2.6 million viewers follows a . Hey, theyre family. And when everything's--you're asking a prayer about believing, you will receive. The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia: Directed by Julien Nitzberg. I wouldn't snitch nobody out. Jesus is the answer. Administered by the state's Department of Education, it's a training ground to help them learn about their stateits geography, history, and current events and prove their dedication to understanding this place. Now, you see all three of us girlsThe biggest, the meanest, and baddest. Just the way it is. July 11, 2011 @ sonya If Hank doesnt like the film, or doesnt want to support, thats fine. Your email address will not be published. I felt the film was well done and I personally am becoming a fan of Johnny Knoxville the more projects he gets involved in. If you don't wanna serve Him, then, when you die, you're gonna have to pay your consequences like me. 8:32 am, I feel theyve been exploited for simply not knowing the difference, compared to the life style of others they live a happy rock & roll lifestyle. July 28, 2010 @ I'll tell ya straight up what I like. However, a documentary of any kind is going to show what the filmmaker discovers. July 26, 2010 @ I watched the film on Amazon a couple weeks back and I found it both moving and slightly exploitative. The Production Company very well may have taken the initiative there. We ain't got no pot. Yeah, the movie is funny and makes you think, and then you think, Hey, I work hard for a living and am a shmoo, yet these folks who proudly proclaim that they all get crazy checks from the government, are just leaches and criminals playing the system. Everything always does. My diploma is a DD214 Re: The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia. Jail was my rehab and now it's time to paaaarty! Then do a fuckn movie. MR.BANDANA 10:46 am. September 19, 2012 @ Ive seen the movie, and I enjoyed the movie. Honestly they seem like any other poor white trash family with addictions. My family is from West Virginia and what the movie makers failed to demonstrate adequately is the overwhelming problems this state is experiencing as a result of the prescription drug trade and the complete lack of legitimate opportunities for residents to safely/legally bring home an honest income. please get out of that town you people are to good for that town do for the your babiessssssssssssssssssssss. [5], In April 2009, White was featured in the documentary The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia, produced by Storm Taylor and MTV's Johnny Knoxville and Jeff Tremaine. What is YOUR opinion? I like to fight and I'm a hell of a fighter. I can understand why they did it. Jesco is really the one who brought the family national attention.And that was because of his dancing,not the family dysfunction.Hank knows there is more music and art in the family than is depicted in Wild and Wonderful. Nlindsay . family_home. Im pretty sure that was in the version I saw on Amazon. The national average is 62 percent. I've always had comments from thousands of people. More businesses are discovering the Mountain State is a favorable location. Thanks for the links. The only thing is yeah, they have done drugs. Watch The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia, the full movie, on 123movies. Fightin', cussin' out the cop, drug charges. If I had a knife I'd slit his damn throat openor his nuts. the b lack bears to the first r ipe They k now what a blueberry berries of the seaso n. sho u ld taste like- noth ing Golden raspberries, exceptionally Strawberries are the first like the obese , do mesticated juicy and sweet, are considered by berries of spring, followed by varieties fou nd in the super many to be the best raspberry of all. I totally agree with Red. The WVU student enrollment is still overwhelmingly White80 percentbut it does attract students and faculty from all over the country and the world. Why celebrate and exploit their lives? When a ranking comes out the newspapers will claim it's a conspiracy against the good people of WV to make them look bad. Yet, although one family may be sitting at a ping-pong table and the other at a polished oak dinning table, Nitzberg shows us that common nexus of neurosis underlies the emotional space the group around that table share. . Well Chris, because they can be exploited, thats why. The voter is generally in the case of a man who wants to go shooting, and is confronted with the choice of taking the family Bible and some cartridges, or a . The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia is a 2009 documentary film directed by Julien Nitzberg, chronicling the White family of Boone County, West Virginia. A documentary by director Julien Nitzberg, this film focuses on the renowned West Virginia outlaw Jesco White and his eccentric backwoods family. The 49ers will also attempt . The Whites are complete opposite. Product Identifiers. But the biggest standout part was this kid apparently playing in these crap toys and popped up out of nowhere saying Momma, tell em how that mother(cusser) tried to punch you at church. Nice family!! I pretty much spend my entire life defending all those decisions. he was just a disciplined father. A documentary by director Julien Nitzberg, this film focuses on the renowned West Virginia outlaw Jesco White and his eccentric backwoods family. Clarkm. Its the directors vision its their art. Cmon. I'm 84 years old today. All the women are lacking men in their homes, they have broken relationships, children out of wedlock, drug and alcohol passed down from generation to generation They do not contribute to society. From executive producers Johnny Knoxville and Jeff Tremaine (Jackass) comes a shocking and outlandish year-in-the-life documentary about the White Family of . July 26, 2010 @ Justice's Tax Plan Faces Senate Challenge. We get along good. Since they are all on Social Security Disability and use hospitals, rehabs, and prisons that are paid for by the government, it seems to me that all they do is take from the government and taxpayers. Oh dude, dont even get me started on defending shit Im into! Is the lawyer in the movie Francis Curnutte related to the singer-songwriter Steve Curnutte who lives in Nashville? Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Employment | Affiliates Intranet There's an isolated community of mixed-race (black, white and American Indian) people who have populated their own West Virginia town since the early 1800s; black scholar Henry Louis Gates was traced back to this community via DNA on his PBS show "Finding Your Roots." So the state has some surprisingly progressive history.
1st Avenue Joseph Ribkoff 2020, Glenn County Sheriff Logs July 30, 2021, Former Nascar Drivers Where Are They Now, Coachella Valley Wind Map, Articles W