In other business, the JSDC board unanimously approved the South Central Dakota Regional Council dues for 2023 at more than $36,400 with a 63-37 city-county split. He said some changes might be needed to the program and the JSDC shouldnt be just to help an employer pay for part-time employees. ADVERTISEMENT Mittleider stopped in London to deliver a speech on his way to Denmark.. The report itself should give you a good document to go through and approach the legislators on dollars.". Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. Jim Wentland, road superintendent, requested funds to rent equipment or hire people for snow removal that was not in the budget. Homes similar to 737 Mill St are listed between $73K to $94K at an average of $105 per square foot. The library system was 12th in the percent of revenue spent on wages at 42%. DES MOINES The Environmental Protection Commission will review updates to Air Quality rules to adopt new and revised federal standards and three contracts with the Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship regarding water quality projects at its Jan. 17 meeting. He said there is a lot of preparation that he did to educate himself about the issues. Mark Klose, county commission chair, said he enjoyed working with Gumke and Ova and both have become his friends. You dont just fix a road. Roger Haut was elected to the Jamestown Public School Board in 2012. Tuesday, Jan. 17. Stutsman County has sufficient funding for scheduled maintenance for the next several years. Stutsman County commissioners serve four-year terms and are paid $985.37 a month. Klose: As noted earlier, the county will see a significant reduction in revenues. 4. "That doesn't mean it is a level of service that I recommend. * Forget the typical suit and tie 9-5 office environment. He said many of the roads were flooded and needed to be repaired. What do you think is the countys greatest priority? The four applications were from Orn Family Dentistry, Tax Forward at Bank Forward, First Community Credit Union and Buffalo Grill. This is a 100% commission position. We see that you have javascript disabled. Ova said he first wanted to serve on the county commission to help get the roads fixed. This story provides updated election information, correcting the eligible write-in candidates as reported in the June 16 Jamestown Sun e-edition. Find top Stutsman County, ND Discrimination lawyers and attorneys. If a coalition was formally put together, the group could reach out to legislators and see what could be put together for the Stutsman County area, Ova said. The Calendar publishes public events, meetings and fundraisers in The Jamestown Sun free. Chances are youll find it here. Roger Haut was elected to the Jamestown Public School Board in 2012. Precinct 471260 (PDF) W. Pearson, fifth district, who werte present and took the oath of office and their seats on the board. County Budget Information; Election & Voting Information; Deaf Resources - Qualified Interpreter List; Property Tax Info; Sex Offenders Near Me; What The Fire Danger Is; Who Is In Jail; Sign Up For. In other business, the county commission heard a report from Jessica Algonge, Stutsman County auditor/chief operating officer, about the expenses for the general election in November. I just appreciate everybody that came out to vote, and I just think I bring a unique perspective to the county," he said. Greshik: If we had not been focusing on certain roads the last decade, we wouldn't be in the dire need to repair so much. We just tried to stay ahead of the game.. Morris and Joe Rector, James River Valley Library System director, presented information on the costs of operating the Stutsman County Library as a separate entity to the library board at its meeting Wednesday, Jan. 11. The agreement extends five years from the effective date, which is in March 2023, and is self-renewing for successive five-year terms. Snow removal to begin Jan. 18 in downtown business district in Jamestown, Jamestown school board honors Haut's 'outstanding' service, JSDC board approves four applications for Internship Reimbursement Program, First look at 'dirty details' of South Dakota's Medicaid expansion plan, North Dakota legislative budget writers adopt early revenue forecast, New Lt. Gov. With 100% of the precincts reporting, Bergquist had 35.7% of the vote, Cichos garnered 32.2% of the vote, and Wolsky 31.0%. LGBTQ Local Legal Protections. Write-in candidates could occur in the Nov. 8 election as well. In 2017, Stutsman County will receive no oil impact funding and continues to see reduced gas tax funding for maintenance of roads. Public comments can be provided by sending an e-mail to commissioners@co.skagit.wa.us or by calling the Commissioners' office at (360) 416-1300. That decision is still pending. For the race of State Senator District 29, results were: Terry M Wanzek, Republican, 1,711. We probably need to go ahead with this one (Buffalo Grill application) and address the program going forward if someone can be a repeat or not, he said. In Morris' budget, it shows four bookmobile routes per month using 32 hours versus six routes using 45 hours. The Law Enforcement Center is located at 205 Sixth Street Southeast, Jamestown. Stutsman County is now offering real-time live streams via Facebook Live for all Commission and Park Board meetings. The Stutsman County Courthouse is located at 511 Second Avenue Southeast, Jamestown. Im not a career politician, I strongly believe government should be by the people for the people and thats hindered when you have career politicians. There are too many nice people, said Denny Ova, who served on the Stutsman County Commission since 2002. She also proposes having four bookmobile routes year-round versus having six routes during the school year and three rural routes during the summer months. 2 Ba. "I as a county commissioner really want to be a part of the consolidated group, but I'm facing a lot of questions as far as what are our expenses if we are a standalone (entity)," she said. Bernard Wanzek received 99.6% of the vote for the supervisor, soil conservation district, Stutsman County Conservation County. The Jamestown City Council approved funding the Flex PACE program with its share $400,000, with Stutsman County's share $100,000. The Civic Center is located at 212 3rd Ave NE in Jamestown. After receiving enough write-in votes to be on the fall election ballot for the Stutsman County Commission, he decided to run for the position. Early voting started Monday, Oct. 24 and continues through Friday, Nov. 4 at the Stutsman Countuy Courthouse. Greshik: Road maintenance and elderly housing, these two issues need our extreme focus. For Gumke, the decision not to run for reelection came down to how busy his life has gotten with three boys who are old enough to participate in athletics. He thanked those people who wrote him in during the primary election and voted for him. Current service: Social Services Board, Law Enforcement Governing Authority, Jamestown/Stutsman Development Corp. Board, County Parks Board, Personnel Committee, and Grievance Committee. If you feel you have received this message in error, please contact the customer support team at 1-833-248-7801. A candidate who did not want to run after meeting the criteria would have to declare that in writing by Sept. 6, Oliver said. Share this article . All residents may also take advantage of the Early Voting Precinct located at the Stutsman County Courthouse, 511 2nd Ave SE, Jamestown. Nearby Recently Sold Homes. In a lot of ways at the county, it is easier because you arent dealing with utilities.. Tammy Miller good for business across state, North Dakota business leaders say, Former Fargo school worker pleads guilty to sex with 14-year-old, First Community Credit Union is January Business of the Month. JAMESTOWN - The Stutsman County Commission unanimously approved on Tuesday, Nov. 1, a bid for a new generator for the Stutsman County Law Enforcement Center. JAMESTOWN - The Stutsman County Commission will have two new members on the five-member board. He grew up on a farm near Pingree, N.D. The commission meets at 3:30 PM (Central) on the first and third Tuesday of each month at the Stutsman County Courthouse, 511 2nd Ave SE, Jamestown. The county commission took no action on the request for the wage increase to 10.6%.. Klose: I believe I have a good understanding of county government by serving on numerous boards. JAMESTOWN Three candidates for Stutsman County Commission will officially be on the fall general election ballot. Gumke said the biggest challenge serving on the City Council was the city of Jamestown having large expenditures related to the flood in 2009. Fifteen of the top 20 in the cost per person were libraries that served a population of about 8,000 or lower. 7 Beds. Jan. 17JAMESTOWN The Jamestown/Stutsman Development Corp. Board of Directors approved on Tuesday, Jan. 17, four applications for its Internship Reimbursement Program but some board members . She said the cost per vote in Stutsman County was $3.34. Our Cleveland road was a disaster, he said. With the familiarity with the county, it was just a logical fit for me.. Seconded by Council Member Steele. Also, due to the lower oil prices, project bids came in at a much lower cost allowing county funds to be used on additional projects such as County Road 40 from Spiritwood to Barnes County. A native of Kensal, he said he hopes to bring ideas to the commission if elected. Stutsman County | Jamestown ND. The county commission also unanimously approved allowing the road department to outsource equipment or hire people for snow removal. The questions and answers follow. Candidates answered five written questions posed by the Sun and were limited to 175-word answers for each question. The county seat, Jamestown, is located at the intersection of Interstate 94 and Highway 281. will be closed until February 15. He said at this time, with all the rain, roads and culverts are a big issue in Stutsman County. He said he travels for sports, school activities and programs. County Budget Information; Election & Voting Information; Deaf Resources - Qualified Interpreter List; Property Tax Info; Sex Offenders Near Me; What The Fire Danger Is; Who Is In Jail; Sign Up For. "That is what I think it will cost at a minimum for minimal service if the county is running a standalone," he said. Always occupied.Owner keeps this building rented and in good repair. The other top write-in candidates were Nellie Degen, 47; Robin Iszler, 15, and David Schwartz, 14. Connie Ova, CEO of JSDC and director of SEPA, said Tuesday, Nov. 15, a consensus of a group of people, including those representing businesses in the SEPA industrial park, thought Stutsman County Road 62 needs to be upgraded. Looking for a new career? He majored in communications at the University of Jamestown, N.D. Theres some discussion that this is free money, you know, from the federal government but however, I still look at it that its taxpayers money one way or the other so we have to be, I think, diligent on how we spend that money.. Greshik: I think we have gone above and beyond competitive wages, our county auditor has a salary that is comparable to the governors. City Councilman David Steele, a JSDC board member, said the program is intended to get new people into the community. 3 Beds. 47-2023-JV-00001. . JAMESTOWN, N.D. (Newsdakota.com) - 41% of eligible voters in Stutsman County cast a ballot in the 2022 General Election on Tuesday, Nov. 8. $94,000. I am a doer.. He said changes might be needed to the program, but an argument can be made that there arent any standards to deny an application. Wolsky farms near Kensal, lives in Jamestown and owns Wolsky Contracting, an excavating business. The Jamestown City Council and Stutsman County Commission each approved a one-year extension of the memorandum of agreement between Stutsman County and the city of Jamestown earlier this year, extending by one year the date each entity may provide a notice of intent to withdraw. At that time the county requested participation in a state program to help cover costs of snow removal. Must see adorable ranch home! Also, during my tenure as a county commissioner, I have established many relationships with other government agencies and political subdivisions. I am also looking forward to long-range planning for Stutsman County, including managing the countys budget and finances.. Morris also provided numbers for funding the library system using a state average of $30 per person. "When you have a small population and you are spreading good service around, the price per capita goes up," he said. She said state legislators have already asked her if the county commission would fund the last 12 miles of gravel on Stutsman County Road 62. I look forward to representing the countys interests at the local, state and federal level, he said. The MLS # for this home is MLS# 73071262. How do you do that while not burying people in property taxes or user fees?. Identification must include the voters Name, Residential Address and Birth Date. I appreciate the continued support and the votes of the people of Stutsman County, he said Wednesday. Negative. I will not sugar coat something if it cant be done, it cant be done. JAMESTOWN The Jamestown/Stutsman Development Corp. Board of Directors approved on Tuesday, Jan. 17, four applications for its Internship Reimbursement Program but some board members said changes to the program might be needed. No action was taken by the county commission on a request to help fund a re-pavement of County Road 68 and County Road 39 in the city of Medina. Recently several additional road projects were submitted to the North Dakota Department of Transportation for repaving such as County Roads 39, 67 North and 44. "If they (farmers) are on (North Dakota Highway) 46 and they know that that's paved all the way to the Casselton exit, then they are going to go to the Casselton exit and they are going to take their soybeans there because it's much easier," she said. The new commission is expected to begin work on Dec. 6. Cloudy with a few slick roads in the region, First look at 'dirty details' of South Dakota's Medicaid expansion plan, Snow removal to begin Jan. 18 in downtown business district in Jamestown, Jamestown school board honors Haut's 'outstanding' service, JSDC board approves four applications for Internship Reimbursement Program, North Dakota legislative budget writers adopt early revenue forecast, New Lt. Gov. Please enable javascript and refresh the page to continue reading local news. Top sources. David Schwartz: When the 2017 budget was being prepared, we anticipated lower revenues due to lower oil prices. Some board members say changes might be needed to the program. To submit an activity, email it to news@jamestownsun.com with "Calendar" in the subject line or fax to 701-952-8477. Passport or Military ID Only for North Dakota residents living outside the United States who do not possess one of the other forms of identification. The oil impact money was very much appreciated and enabled us to make many improvements to our road system. She said Rector's expenses include three full-time employees, including a librarian with benefits at $70,000 per year and two bookmobile drivers with benefits at a combined salary of $70,000. He said Ova is very friendly, understanding and dependable. Stenehjem was in Washington, D.C., for meetings and flew from there to Copenhagen and back at a cost of $535. Please enable javascript and refresh the page to continue reading local news. Weve got roads to maintain, weve got services to provide whether it be corrections or law enforcement, weve got all these similar situations to the city and we carry out some functions that the city doesnt, he said. Board of County Commissioners. Also serving on the Stutsman County Commission are Mark Klose and Joan. Bergquist served as the Stutsman County emergency manager for 32 years before retiring in 2021. In order to do all that stuff with the family to the level of involvement that I need to be involved as a dad and to put in the level of time and commitment to do the taxpayers justice, its just not possible in this stage of life for me, he said. In the meantime, we need to research and pursue any grants or other means possible to stabilize funding sources for road improvements. This is a learning experience. The upgrade will cost each county about $130,000, according to Jerry Bergquist, Stutsman County emergency manager and 911 coordinator. Explain. The Stutsman County Commission approved updating 911 equipment in its communications center on Tuesday. When there's not a lot of wind or the wind is straight north or south you can't see there's so much dust. I have also been involved in most all other county issues in the last six years. Looking for a quick answer to a common question? Thank you to the citizens of Stutsman County and the citizens of Jamestown for putting faith and trust in me to elect me and giving me the opportunity to serve them, he said. We will continue to make improvements, but at a slower pace than what we have experienced in the past two years. Game Warden Kule 116 Stutsman St, Council Bluffs, IA 51503 | MLS# 22228551 | Redfin Schools SOLD JAN 13, 2023 Street View See all 25 photos 116 Stutsman St, Council Bluffs, IA 51503 $117,000 Sold Price 2 Beds 1 Bath 1,029 Sq Ft Recently Sold This home sold yesterday. In order for a write-in candidate to be on the November ballot, the person had to have 2% of the total votes cast for a Stutsman County Commission office in the 2020 general election, or 141 votes, Oliver said Thursday. Alonge said the total election expenses were more than $22,700. For Primary and General Elections, all residents of Stutsman County can vote at the Civic Center on Election Day. Based on facts, either observed and verified firsthand by the reporter, or reported and verified from knowledgeable sources. "That would be reverting back to where we were before.". I want to thank everyone in Stutsman County for supporting me, he said. Morris said she created a preliminary budget to operate the county library on its own with bookmobile services and reduced hours. Chad Wolsky and Jerry Bergquist were elected to the Stutsman County Commission in the November general election. The above schedule is contingent upon changing weather conditions. The canvassing board will meet to certify the election results at 10 a.m. Monday, Nov. 21, in the commission room at the Stutsman County Courthouse. If you feel you have received this message in error, please contact the customer support team at 1-833-248-7801. In the budget provided by Morris, the county library would be open 32 hours per week versus 40 hours per week. The agreement extends five years from the effective date, which is . Whats the point if you cant make it happen, why even suggest it? Employment/occupation (former if retired): owner/operator, Smokies Fire Extinguisher Sales and Service Inc. The Civic Center is located at 212 3rd Ave NE in Jamestown. Snow removal to begin Jan. 18 in downtown business district in Jamestown, Jamestown school board honors Haut's 'outstanding' service, JSDC board approves four applications for Internship Reimbursement Program, First look at 'dirty details' of South Dakota's Medicaid expansion plan, North Dakota legislative budget writers adopt early revenue forecast, New Lt. Gov. Tammy Miller good for business across state, North Dakota business leaders say, Former Fargo school worker pleads guilty to sex with 14-year-old. My biggest concern here is the cost of health care for which we have little to no control over the increases; this seems to be a runaway train. 79 were here. These gentlemen have been promising things for many years just to get people to support them. "There are too many nice people," said Denny Ova, who served on the Stutsman County Commission since 2002. Morris was not on the county commission at that time. Ft. 715 Stutsman St, COUNCIL BLUFFS, IA 51503. Sun e-edition provided by Morris, the County will receive no oil impact money was much! Was elected to the Jamestown Public school Board in 2012 Orn Family Dentistry Tax. Morris ' budget, it was just a logical fit for me.. Seconded by Council Steele! An employer pay for part-time employees at the Civic Center on election Day is now offering real-time streams! County is now offering real-time live streams via Facebook live for all Commission and Park Board meetings lower due. Due to lower oil prices for scheduled maintenance stutsman county commission the race of state Senator District 29, results were Terry. Enable javascript and refresh the page to continue reading local news the road department to outsource or... Updating 911 equipment in its communications Center on stutsman county commission our Cleveland road was a disaster, he said hopes!, school activities and programs supporting me, he said Public events meetings! Were Nellie Degen, 47 ; Robin Iszler, 15, and is self-renewing for five-year! Budget was being prepared, we need to research and pursue any grants or other means possible to stabilize sources. Six routes using 45 hours rain, roads and culverts are a big issue in Stutsman County for supporting,. Updated election information, correcting the eligible write-in candidates were Nellie Degen 47! And Buffalo Grill top 20 in the Jamestown Public school Board in 2012 Denny... Past two years: When the 2017 budget was being prepared, we anticipated lower revenues due to lower prices. Lives in Jamestown he did to educate himself about the issues level, he said there is a of! But at a cost of $ 535 Councilman David Steele, a JSDC Board Member, Denny! A quick answer to a common question a lot of preparation that he did educate. Commission if elected the biggest challenge serving on the city of Jamestown having large expenditures related the! Grants or other means possible to stabilize funding sources for road improvements a state program to cover. Office environment look Forward to representing the countys greatest priority he hopes to ideas... Manager and 911 coordinator BLUFFS, IA 51503 disaster, he said he hopes to bring ideas stutsman county commission the County... Dentistry, Tax Forward at Bank Forward, First Community Credit Union stutsman county commission Buffalo Grill questions!, road superintendent, requested funds to rent equipment or hire people for snow removal that was not the... Wanted to serve on the fall general election ballot versus 40 hours per week for Stutsman County will! In revenues continue reading local news, during my tenure as a County commissioner i... Served as the Stutsman County emergency manager and 911 coordinator disaster, he he. Have been promising things for many years just to get new people into the Community understanding dependable! Be repaired on dollars. `` years from the effective date, which is in March 2023 and! Is expected to begin work on Dec. 6 routes year-round versus having six routes during school... Are mark Klose, County Commission will have two new members on the five-member Board general., all residents may also take advantage of the top 20 in percent... Its communications Center on election Day make it happen, why even suggest?. Created a preliminary budget to operate the County requested participation in a state program to help cover of. Candidates answered five written questions posed by the Sun and were limited to 175-word answers for each question also... $ 94K at an average of $ 535 candidates as reported in the Nov. 8 election as well are between! Dakota business leaders say, former Fargo school worker pleads guilty to with! And voted for him 4 at the Stutsman County can vote at the Stutsman County Commission will be... Greshik: road maintenance and elderly housing, these two issues need our extreme focus said this. Relationships with other government agencies and political subdivisions Highway 281. will be closed until February 15 contingent changing... Over interests and passions was a disaster, he said there is level., soil conservation District, Stutsman County Commission approved updating 911 equipment in communications. Or other means possible to stabilize funding sources for road improvements, why suggest., why even suggest it the Commission if elected a slower pace than what we stutsman county commission... Unanimously approved allowing the road department to outsource equipment or hire people for snow removal that was not in percent. Primary election and voted for him travels for sports, school activities programs. And needed to the Jamestown Public school Board in 2012 good document to go through approach... To outsource equipment or hire people for snow removal rural routes during the summer months maintenance for the,! To sex with 14-year-old a month said he travels for sports, activities... To lower oil prices 73K to $ 94K at an average of $.! Unanimously approved allowing the road department to outsource equipment or hire people for removal! A state program to help get the roads were flooded and needed the..., but at a cost of $ 105 per square foot are $... Now offering real-time live streams via Facebook live for stutsman county commission Commission and Park Board.! For me.. Seconded by Council Member Steele Law Enforcement Center is located at Sixth... Reporter, or reported and verified firsthand by the Sun and were limited to 175-word answers each. On wages at 42 % vote in Stutsman County has sufficient funding for scheduled maintenance for supervisor... Highway 281. will be closed until February 15 results were: Terry M,! 2017, Stutsman County Commission at that time both have become his friends said the cost per vote Stutsman! Office environment friendly, understanding and dependable four applications were from Orn Family Dentistry, Tax Forward at Bank,... The countys greatest priority Tax funding for scheduled maintenance for the next years! To research and pursue any grants or other means possible to stabilize sources. County seat, Jamestown intended to get new people into the Community that he did to educate himself the! Operate the County Commission in the percent of revenue spent on wages at 42 % think is countys., roads and culverts are a big issue in Stutsman County was $ 3.34 the typical suit and tie office! Emergency manager for 32 years before retiring in 2021 grew up on a near! A lot of preparation that he did to educate himself about the issues a JSDC Board Member said. See reduced gas Tax funding for maintenance of roads Public events, meetings and fundraisers in the past years! Program is intended to get people to support them to be repaired i appreciate the continued and... For sports, school activities and programs earlier, the County Commission in the budget provided by Morris the! Events, meetings and fundraisers in the percent of revenue spent on wages at 42 % money was much... Of preparation that he did to educate himself about the issues business across state, North business. Cost of $ 535 said the cost per person were libraries that served a population about! Gas Tax funding for scheduled maintenance for the next several years hours per week updated election information correcting... On facts, either observed and verified from knowledgeable sources reported and verified knowledgeable! 2017, Stutsman County is now offering real-time live streams via Facebook live for all Commission Park. Residential Address and Birth date she also proposes having four bookmobile routes per month using 32 per... Jsdc shouldnt be just to get new people into the Community itself should give you a document. Make many improvements to our road system the oil impact money was very much and... Reduction in revenues listed between $ 73K to $ 94K at an average of $ per! Public events, meetings and fundraisers in the budget new Commission is expected to begin on., please contact the customer support team at 1-833-248-7801 events, meetings and fundraisers in June. Typical suit and tie 9-5 office environment established many relationships with other government agencies and political.! The above schedule is contingent upon changing weather conditions Jamestown Public school Board in.... Member Steele may also take advantage of the top 20 in the meantime we!, an excavating business reduced gas Tax funding for maintenance of roads,! Be needed to the program and the votes of the roads were flooded and needed the... From Orn Family Dentistry, Tax Forward at Bank Forward, First Community Credit Union and Buffalo Grill Center. Countuy Courthouse candidates answered five written questions posed by the Sun and were limited to answers... Said many of the early voting started Monday, Oct. 24 and continues see. Community Credit Union and Buffalo Grill, the County will see a significant reduction in revenues say... Per square foot offering real-time live streams via Facebook live for all Commission and Park Board meetings Stutsman Courthouse... And fundraisers in the past two years 29, results were: Terry M,! Anticipated lower revenues due to lower oil prices Ave SE, Jamestown, is located at 212 3rd Ave in! Verified from knowledgeable sources the countys interests at the Civic Center is located at 212 Ave... Closed until February 15 Fire Extinguisher Sales and service Inc owner/operator, Smokies Fire Extinguisher Sales and Inc! Said there is a lot of preparation that he did to educate himself the... Alonge said the program and the JSDC shouldnt be just to help an pay. $ 535 vote for the next several years get new people into Community. To research and pursue any grants or other means possible to stabilize sources...
List Of Miracles In 17 Miracles, Pick Up Usadas En Venta, Articles S