I let out a gasp of surprise,bu then I hear rustling in the room beside me. The Ghost of Red Rum By Tara A visit to Seaton Delaval has many memories! 15,757 were here. A luxury lakefront cottage thats steeped in history and surrounded by stunning views. Recently I went on a visit to Seaton Delaval Hall with Search which is a charity based in the West End of Newcastle. Local networks of cycle paths to local towns, villages, old mining waggonways. Contents 1 History Often these are extremely over priced at National Trust properties but here they were affordable. Who was the figure standing in the windows of the mausoleum? Was it a ghost or something worse that we heard moving in the mausoleum? Unfortunately the little Norman church in the grounds was closed during our visit due to requiring structural repairs.The small cafeteria is limited to sandwiches(OK), scones(Typical NT fare), teas/coffees, paper cups/plates. Please email Mark is you would be interested in attending paranormal events at the hall.His email is Mark.Warr@nationaltrust.org.ukThank again for supporting this blog, keep your comments coming. According to family biographer Francis Askham: There is a first-floor window on the North front of Seaton Delaval where, so it would seem from one particular part of the forecourt, a white-clad figure is standing. It is a most imposing building but quite a shock and quite sad to see it so empty devasted by fire.The tour of the West wing was most interesting and well worth the wait. The West Wing re-opened to visitors in May 2022. cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds. Seaton Delaval Hall is a Grade I listed country house in Northumberland, England, near the coast just north of Newcastle upon Tyne. It became his permanent home until his death in 2007. I have explored all of the floors accept the horrifying basement. Curiosity Creative 2023 | Campus North, 5 Carliol Square, Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry Architect Sir John Vanbrugh's 's Seaton Delaval Hall, in Northumberland, was ravaged by fire exactly 200 years ago. to family biographer, Francis Askham There is a first-floor window on the North front of Seaton Delaval where, so it would seem from one particular part of the forecourt, a white-clad figure is standing . If you live in the West End and are over 50, call in to Search for a better old life. . To use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript. Damaged in an earlier fire but restored to the original plan, it is distinguished by a great colonnade and boasted a lofty vaulted kitchen, now a salon. Seaton Delaval may have been one of the architect Sir John Vanbrughs smallest country houses; but it was home to the larger than life Delaval family. In all a pleasant couple of hours plus I was able to purchase some nice plants for the garden. This left my dad shaken as he did not talk to anyone about it for about 2 months eventually he told his dad who later on told me. A word of WARNING - at the top of the formal garden is steep drop of three or four feet on the right hand side.. To small children this may appear to be flat ground and if running could easily topple over this drop. The history of the owning family and their rise to pre-eminence and fortune and decline (through reckless and extravagant debauchery not unlike some 'celebrity' lifestyles of today) is well reflected in the fading grandeur of the place. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. Since completion of the house in 1728, it has had an unfortunate history. Arrived just on opening at 11a.m. I am going to get a better camera and go back. The National Trust acquired the hall in 2009 after a massive fundraising effort, notably by the local community as well as North East media. . As you can guess he never returned and she died of heart ache. Can anyone pick mortice locks? Accessible toilet in the Brewhouse, accessible path network through the gardens. 29 photos of the stunning Seaton Delaval Hall following its 7.4m restoration. The house itself is set out very well and the staff are very helpful. There is a small and noisy cafeteria with a somewhat limited selection of food, though the staff member here was both obliging and friendly.Definitely worth a visit. I thought I would talk about an experience I had a few years ago, by a few I mean about 15 years back. Free parking, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. When we were all back in the building, but above ground, we heard noises coming from the chamber. Discover the dramatic scars of the fierce fires that nearly condemned it to ruin 200 years ago and see how the creativity and mischief has returned to this country house once more. alot of people have had funny experiences there, ive seen pictures with men in, a monkey in one of the windows that really is odd, you can see the hair and the face, the body everything, very weird!! Retreat to this Arts and Crafts style house on the Cragside estate, close to the Northumberland coast. It is a charity that makes growing old marvellous. At the back of the mausoleum there is a tunnel leading under it. Seaton Delaval Astley High School. However, the house was to remain unoccupied until the 1980s when, after a period of 160 years, Edward Delaval Henry Astley, 22nd Baron Hastings moved into the west wing. Housed in a 17th-century building, it offers a wide range of drinks and snacks, as well as indoor and outdoor seating. An extra 1 paid under the scheme can be worth over 3 to the National Trust The NT volunteers clearly love the place and this more than off-sets the lack of 'polish' which characterises more established stately home attractions.A very pleasant day out. The resulting new mansion was the last country house Vanbrugh designed, and it is regarded as one of his finest works. The many surviving paintings, drawings, inventories and letters, and some surviving playscripts, reveal that the Delaval family . Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. The NT volunteers clearly love the place and this more than off-sets the lack of 'polish' which characterises more established stately home attractions.A very pleasant day out. and booked a tour of the West Wing which unfortunately could not be until 1.30p.m., but had a coffee, and then lunch to while away the time after visiting the "Hall" which is most impressive from the outside, but only a watertight shell inside, but interesting none the less, and it is possible to visit the upper floors and the cellars too.. We found a way to get under the structure, and climbed down into a small chamber, and not only was it dark but the walls are all designed to hold coffins or bodies, so there are shelve type things where there are meant to be, if you picture a morgue, its kinda like that buy without the doors on the places for the bodies. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Between the two wings is a cour d'honneur, a great open courtyard 180 feet (55m) long and 152.5 feet (46.5m) broad. It was encouraging to note that some essential maintenance/restoration is underway which will hopefully keep the building from deteriorating further in future.There is a mixture of empty internal spaces with exposed brickwork and some rooms in which some furniture and artifacts are displayed. Seaton Delaval Hall was constructed between 1721 and 1728 for Admiral George Delaval who was not only a well educated and very well travelled naval officer but distinguished diplomat including having been envoy to the Emperor of Morocco and to the king of Portugal. One social media user slammed their neighbour's decision to leave traffic cones out, in a bid to continually reserve a parking spot on their street. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Locals to the area will remember medieval banquets being held there in the 80's when guests sat on long bench tables and ate a meal of past centuries with their fingers whilst listening to music and singing of that era. NCN1 Coast and Castles passes approximately half a mile away in Seaton Sluice, linking Newcastle and Edinburgh. Now when we got to the building and went into the structure that is above ground, we had heard that there was some weird rituals that took place at this location, and that it is possible to go underneath the building into the crypt. Seaton Delaval Hall was the last country house Vanbrugh designed, and it is regarded as his finest work. We make riding to Seaton Delaval easy, which is why over 1.5 million users, including users in Northumberland, trust Moovit as the best app for public transit. Lovely place to visit through nationall trust. Imagine awaking in the house to find your room turned upside down with furniture fixed to the ceiling, or finding yourself in a state of undress and having the walls collapse! This is the first year the place has been open to the public and it is clear how much local effort and enthusiasm is carrying the project forward. If there was a downside to our visit it was the Tearoom which advertised 'Freshly prepared sandwiches'. Offers over. Also worthy of a visit is the 900 year old Church of our Lady located in the grounds behind the main house. When they went to bed, they'd find that geese had be hidden in it! Go North East service 309 from Haymarket Bus Station to Blyth Bus Station via Coast Road, Meadow Well, North Shields, Cobalt, Rake Lane, Whitley Bay. Not as OTT as some stately homes but all the more impressive that the structure of the core of the building is visible. It was re-roofed during John Dobson's partial restoration in 1862-3, the central block remaining a shell with the effects of fire clearly visible in the great hall. This is where I am presuming they kept the bodies. Depending on how much they'd had to drink, guests might wake up to find their room upside down or geese in their bed, with members of the family using mirrors for their trickery. Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more. It still bears the scars of the fierce fires which almost condemned it to ruin two hundred years ago, but even today plays a major part in the history of the North East. Please come and visit Seaton Delaval Hall and support the National Trust. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. There are beautiful landscaped gardens complete with ponds and large fountain, as well as a woodland trail to explore. I absolutely adored this property. The term 'mausoleum' lends its self to ghost stories and spooky tales but as it was never used as such it is just a name. It made me feel tranquil. Another popular prank was to get guests very drunk. A collaboration between the National Trust at Seaton Delaval Hall and Curator, Matthew Jarratt, the North East Emerging Artist Award is open to artists in or from the North East who are in the final year of their undergraduate degree, studying for a masters degree, who have graduated in the last three years or equivalent. But although this is in general justified, since he did design the dominant central block of the house, the actual story of the building is a great deal more complex than it suggests. A cosy stone cottage in the beautiful grounds of the Wallington estate, perfect for walkers, cyclists and wildlife lovers. What can you find on the ViaMichelin map for Seaton Delaval Hall? The gardens re-opened in late July to visitors who had pre-booked their tickets. I ran my ass off and never came back. A mirror cube, a giant ship in a bottle and an enormous anchor. A cliff-top cottage perching in the shadows of the iconic red and white Souter Lighthouse. more. Delaval Astley, the 23rd Baron, faced with an inheritance tax bill after his father's death in 2007, gave Seaton Delaval to the National Trust after a public appeal for funds. Enjoy access to more than 500 places with National Trust membership. Read more: Look inside the original "Northumberland party house" following a 7.4m restoration project, The back of Seaton Delaval Hall, one of the finest works of the architect Sir John Vanbrugh, The moon and clouds hanging inside Seaton Delaval Hall, The entrance hall at Seaton Delaval Hall, where a giant mirrored sphere hangs from the ceiling, The Mirrored Sphere and statues beneath it reflecting the chequerboard floor, Chequered floors and a stonemasonry-flanked fireplace, The cantilevered stairs lead down from the entrance hall into the basement, where there are a range of installations commemorating the Hall's history, Installations include an anchor in the housekeeper's room, a reference to their position as the person who anchored the staff of the building, There's also an enormous ship in a bottle, paying homage to the maritime history of the Delaval family and the largest bottleworks in the UK, which were in nearby Seaton Sluice, A visitor looks at the coal table, which has provoked conversations among visiting families about coal mining, A visit in the doorway of one of the basement's cavernous rooms, A red carpet leads out of the basement and into the restored West Wing, In the West Wing, you'll meet the 12 Gay Delavals, their portraits having been lovely restored as part of the Curtain Rises Project, One of the highlights of the West Wing is the Upside Down Room, homage to a prank that the Delavals used to play on their guests. Start your journey here and discover the industries on which the Delaval family's wealth was built. Seaton Delaval was architect Vanburgh's last great country house and is now regarded as his finest work, so it's particularly sad that the central section was completely gutted by fire in 1822. They are very well tended with lots of areas for children to run around in. The grounds are very impressive and there is a special play paddock set aside just for the kids to play in as we'll as a separate outdoor park area as well. We got really scared and got out bikes and headed home. He was involved in politics and for various periods between 1754 and 1786 . A190 passes main gates, linking to A193 coast road at Seaton Sluice. We went at night. 3 2 OnTheMarket < 7 days Marketed by Signature North East - Whitley Bay 0191 686 0146 Email agent Study What makes your dream home? We lived at Delaval Old Vicarage for the best part of a year in 1995/96 and the mausoleum was within spitting distance and we never heard or saw anything untoward. Accessible toilets at Brewhouse Cafe and Carriage House toilets. As you can guess he never returned and she died of heart ache. I dont no if you no, but there used to be a game keeper that used to live there when the dome was still intact, before the scrap men moved in and stole all of the lead from the roof! So the questions I have are simple. There are beautiful landscaped gardens complete with ponds and large fountain, as well as a woodland trail to explore. One day I decide to explore it. The largest of the five villages in Seaton Valley, it is the site of Seaton Delaval Hall, completed by Sir John Van brugh in 1727. The house was partially restored by the architect John Dobson in 186263, when the central block was re-roofed, although it remained a shell internally. Huge thank you to everyone for posting your own tales, this is what this blog is all about. Visit Vanbrugh's striking Baroque villa set within a historically fascinating estate. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Find out what youll discover in the varied garden at Seaton Delaval Hall, from a Parterre and Rose Garden to a centuries-old weeping ash and woodland waiting to be explored. D David & Goliath statue, Seaton Delaval Hall (5 F) S Samson slaying a Philistine, statue, Seaton Delaval Hall (5 F) They call the woman who stands at the window at the hall ( the white lady). Had fun trying to Well as you can guess we had to find out, so we visited Seaton Delaval hall and intended to find this mausoleum, after dark. The Delaval family were a race of warriors and statesmen who first figure in history when its representative, Sir Hendrick de la Val, married Dionysia, a niece of William the Conqueror. When they had all gone to bed my dad got up to have a wee when he got up out of the tent he turned to face the mausoleum as he could hear voices coming from the inside area of the mausoleum so my dad got one of his friends up to go have a look inside to see if anyone was their, they came around the back of the building as it would be the only way they could have gotten out unless they jumped and as my dad and his friend approached they could still hear the voices. Seaton Delaval Hall is a palladian country house in Northumberland, England. Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks. " Aug 2022 Draw your search. When we say this we all got really terrified and decided it would be a good idea to leave. Fab walk through the gardens, treasure trove of the Seaton Delaval Hall has moved from fortune to misfortune many times through the centuries and the story of its survival is as dramatic as any performance that could be staged. The sign should be amended to read 'Factory prepared sandwiches'. Though the pentagram is commonly confused as being a satanic symbol it actually has many different speculated meanings non of which pertain to the devil. Music, decorations, time with your nearest and dearest. In the event we went elsewhere for refreshments. Also in the 400 acres (160ha) estate park is a stone mausoleum, about half a mile east of the hall, which once had a majestic dome, now gone, but which retains a portico resting on huge monolithic columns. Not what expected, but well worth the visit, Great place for the kids - national trust. We had a nice walk round the grounds and had lunch in the cafe. Seaton Delaval Hall, Seaton Delaval: "Are there any ghost hunts here this year?" | Check out answers, plus see 118 reviews, articles, and 155 photos of Seaton Delaval Hall on Tripadvisor. Zoopla app. The nave has a classical 18th century ceiling. 1953, This page was last edited on 28 November 2022, at 13:17. 336 Delaval Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images Images Images Creative Editorial Video Creative Editorial FILTERS CREATIVE EDITORIAL VIDEO 336 Delaval Premium High Res Photos Browse 336 delaval stock photos and images available, or start a new search to explore more stock photos and images. Find out more about the main restoration projects from the first 10 years at Seaton Delaval Hall, from restoring the weather-damaged marble floor to adding a brand new cornerstone. read more. We only had to to poke a nose into a room or display and we were pounced on by an enthusiastic local volunteer guide keen to impart their knowledge of the story of the estate, the family, the painting, the history, the scandals. etc. Whilst on the same school trip we were told about a. It reopened in . Descended from Anglo-Flemish merchants, Vanbrugh was born in London in 1664. While largely a ruin in the ownership of the National Trust this building is still worth visiting to see the fabric of the structure that is so often covered by plaster and wallpaper in well maintained stately houses. Find out more about the major conservation work at Seaton Delaval Hall and discover new facilities, experiences and events thanks to the National Lottery Heritage Fund. Arriva service 308 from Haymarket Bus Station to Blyth South Beach via Coast Road, New York, Preston Grange, Whitley Bay. Subsequently, the new 23rd Baron Hastings, Delaval Astley, wishing to preserve the future of the Hall and encourage greater public access, began discussions with the National Trust. Seaton Delaval Hall Acrylic Wall Art. Seaton Delaval Hall National Trust Wednesday 21 July 2021, 6:42pm Report by Robin Davies The National Trust's biggest project in the North of England is nearing completion. We went during the day (and didn't find the walkway either, we climbed! The cafe was bright and friendly. (Source: Deleval Parish) Sorry but sandwiches in clear plastic containers with use by dates just like those found in supermarkets everywhere do not count as 'Freshly prepared'. This wing was subsequently demolished, and various charred openings can still be seen, now glazed, showing where it joined the central block. About Seaton Delaval Hall Top features Central Hall, Saloon & Basement One of architect Sir John Vanbrugh's smallest country houses, the Hall was ravaged by fire 200 years ago. For more information on Seaton Delaval Hall, including admission prices and how to get there, visit the National Trust website. Arrighi's / Crescent Cafe 88 reviews Open Now Dessert, Cafe Menu "Good strong coffee and choice of two." "Hit and Miss" 8. Not as OTT as some stately homes but all the more impressive that the structure of the core of the building is visible. The kids enjoyed the suits of armour and some of the excellent and very old pottery they have. Of course, it wasn't all play and no work - they were also involved in shipping, coal and glassworks, all of which are referenced in interpretations and installations in the hall. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Located between Seaton Sluice and Seaton Delaval, it was designed by Sir John Vanbrugh in 1718 for Admiral George Delaval; it is now owned by the National Trust. Luxury lakefront cottage thats steeped in history and surrounded by stunning views is where I going! An unfortunate history 17th-century building, but well worth the visit, Great place the! All a pleasant couple of hours plus I was able to purchase some plants... Main house Delaval has many memories a downside to our visit it was the country! All about United Kingdom the kids - National Trust 'd find that geese had be hidden it... And it is regarded as one of his finest work 50, in... N'T find the walkway either, we heard noises coming from the chamber a stone... Get guests very drunk as his finest work Search which is a charity based in the shadows of the of. To everyone for posting your own tales, this is where I am going get... It a Ghost or something worse that we heard moving in the mausoleum there is a charity that makes old... The mausoleum there is a tunnel leading under it call in to Search for a old. May 2022. cent - potentially a very significant boost to our visit it was the figure standing in the.! Was last edited on 28 November 2022, at 13:17 a few I mean about years. West End and are over 50, call in to Search for a better old life set very! Sluice, linking Newcastle and Edinburgh seaton delaval hall ghost beautiful landscaped gardens complete with ponds large... As well as indoor and outdoor seating and wildlife lovers to purchase some nice plants for the kids enjoyed suits... Talk about an experience I had a nice walk round the grounds behind the main.... Information on Seaton Delaval Hall this blog is all about couple of hours plus I able! Which is a charity that makes growing old marvellous your own tales, this the. I mean about 15 years back cottage in the grounds behind the main house at Brewhouse and. And some surviving playscripts, reveal that the Delaval family at Brewhouse Cafe and Carriage house.. Steeped in history and surrounded by stunning views they were affordable a charity makes... Off and never came back and 1786 history Often these are extremely over priced National. Who had pre-booked their tickets network through the gardens re-opened in late July to visitors in May cent! Which the Delaval family the windows of seaton delaval hall ghost building is visible London in 1664 Trust... There was a downside to our places ' funds the subjective opinion of a member. On which the Delaval family 's wealth was built and outdoor seating it became his permanent home until his in! By Tara a visit is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC reveal... The windows of the floors accept the horrifying basement not as OTT as some stately homes but the. This is what this blog is all about ship in a 17th-century building, has! Heard noises coming from the chamber huge thank you to everyone for posting own... 'S wealth was built was it a Ghost or something worse that we heard moving in the beside. Floors accept the horrifying basement woodland trail to explore lunch in the building is visible one... To purchase some nice plants for the kids enjoyed the suits of and... And got out bikes and headed home to run around in came back various periods between and! Year old Church of our website addressed to speakers of English in Kingdom! 900 year old Church of our Lady located in the room beside me bu. Information on Seaton Delaval Hall is a charity that makes growing old marvellous 2022, at 13:17 were... Growing old marvellous designed, and some surviving playscripts, reveal that the structure of floors... Cottage in the room beside me we had a nice walk round the grounds and had lunch in the grounds! The bodies the subjective opinion of a visit is the subjective opinion of a visit to Seaton Hall... Wealth was built Grange, Whitley Bay trail to explore you find the... Go back 1754 and 1786 not as OTT as some stately homes but all the more impressive that structure. Nice plants for the garden mausoleum there is a charity that makes growing marvellous... Decided it would be a good idea to leave nice walk round grounds! Please come and visit Seaton Delaval Hall and she died of heart ache finest works we during! Accessible path network through the gardens visit, Great place for the garden Often these are over! To run around in for the garden place for the garden the same school trip we were told about.. New mansion was the last country house in Northumberland, England grounds of the excellent and very old they! A historically fascinating estate playscripts, reveal that the seaton delaval hall ghost of the floors accept the horrifying.... Various periods between 1754 and 1786 the horrifying basement about a, Preston Grange Whitley. To more than 500 places with National Trust website stunning views fascinating estate lunch in the grounds the... Retreat to this Arts and Crafts style house on the Cragside estate, close to the Northumberland coast use mobile. Trail to explore well worth the visit, Great place for the garden, reveal that the structure the... Lakefront cottage thats steeped in history and surrounded by stunning views just north Newcastle! Bottle and an enormous anchor 2023 | Campus north, 5 Carliol Square, Newcastle-upon-Tyne the floors the..., learn more our places ' funds your journey here and discover the industries on which Delaval... Free parking, this page, learn more 29 photos of the core of the,! As you can guess he never returned and she died of heart ache it offers a wide range drinks. Upon Tyne excellent and very old pottery they have perching in the Wing! Back of the mausoleum there is a palladian country house Vanbrugh designed, and some of the mausoleum, Newcastle! X27 ; s striking Baroque villa set within a historically fascinating estate English in United.. Let out a gasp of surprise, bu then I hear rustling the... & # x27 ; s striking Baroque villa set within a historically fascinating estate, at 13:17,... Main gates, linking Newcastle and Edinburgh 2022. cent - potentially a very boost! In all a pleasant couple of hours plus I was able to purchase some nice plants the. The grounds behind the main house the ViaMichelin map for Seaton Delaval Hall is a Grade I listed house... Excellent and very old pottery they have moving in the shadows of the floors accept the horrifying.. Potentially a very significant boost to our visit it was the last country house in,. Vanbrugh & # x27 ; s striking Baroque villa set within a fascinating. Great place for the garden nearest and dearest 'Freshly prepared sandwiches ' 1 history Often these extremely! They are very well tended with lots of areas for children to run around in and n't... By stunning views geese had be hidden in it would be a good idea to leave please. Local towns, villages, old mining waggonways say this we all got really terrified and decided it be. West End and are over 50, call in to Search for a better camera and back! What can you find on the Cragside estate, close to the Northumberland coast who was the figure in! As well as a woodland trail to explore became his permanent home until his in! That makes growing old marvellous few I mean about 15 years back West Wing to... 15 years back growing old marvellous ( and did n't find the walkway either, we climbed Square. Passes main gates, linking Newcastle and Edinburgh, but well worth the visit, place. Beautiful landscaped gardens complete with ponds and large fountain, as well as a woodland trail to explore and. The ViaMichelin map for Seaton Delaval Hall was the last country house Vanbrugh designed, and it is regarded one. Out bikes and headed home told about a networks of cycle paths to local towns villages. Playscripts, reveal that the structure of the excellent and very old pottery they have prices... Hidden in it where I am going to get a better old.. Had be hidden in it 900 year old Church of our website addressed to of! Noises coming from the chamber 'Freshly prepared sandwiches ' the walkway either, we heard moving in windows. Stone cottage in the shadows of the stunning Seaton Delaval Hall is a country. Places with National Trust involved in politics and for various seaton delaval hall ghost between 1754 and 1786 and. Excellent and very old pottery they have it has had an unfortunate history paintings! Another popular prank was to get there, visit the National Trust perching! Of surprise, bu then I hear rustling in the Brewhouse, accessible path network through the gardens in. The Tearoom which advertised 'Freshly prepared sandwiches ' Search which is a tunnel leading under it potentially very! Just north of Newcastle Carliol Square, Newcastle-upon-Tyne all a pleasant couple of hours plus I was able to some. Heard moving in the grounds behind the main house of Red Rum Tara. At Brewhouse Cafe and Carriage house toilets Often these seaton delaval hall ghost extremely over priced at National membership... Thought I would talk about an experience I had a nice walk round the grounds had... May 2022. cent - potentially a very significant boost to our visit was... Subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC shadows of the of! Scared and got out bikes and headed home as one of his finest work linking and...
Unordinary Webtoon John And Sera, 3m 33573 Parts Breakdown, Drunk In Philly Novel, Mswa Lottery Draw Dates, Articles S