I spent what I thought was a pretty healthy amount of money to stay here at a 5* and it was OK at best to me (my wife agrees). Riu Palace in Aruba is for families while Riu Antillas is adults-only. Costco Shop Card Some rooms of Riu Palace Tropical Bay Hotel include a television with satellite channels, Wi-Fi and an ironing set. All Rights Reserved. That's roughly the average time we've been able to sleep due to music and noise volumes. He was born in Palma de Mallorca in 1960. We had booked our trip via Applevacations and our transfer from the airport to the RIU was with Armstair. We've been sneaking them food most of the trip so please tip well if you do visit.The plus sides are that the staff are friendly (yet overwork and exchasted), beds are comfortable, food is good, and the views are spectacular. In general, very good property all inclusive. RIU Hotels & Resorts is a Spanish hotel chain founded by the Riu family as a small holiday firm in 1953. We all left and went to the buffet. %[if (pickUpAgencyName) {] This was our first stay at RIU Palace Tropical Bay Negril from January 3-12, 2023. I'm not sure if we'd do that again either. Unfortunately as a couple trying to relax it is almost impossible. Which is better Riu Negril or Riu Tropical Palace? We hope that soon you will choose to spend a few days with us and live a new unforgettable experience.Best wishes, Hotel Riu Palace Tropical BayOnline Reputation Manager, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Restaurant service, if you can get in, was also good. Top service. At night, the mentality is to ply tourists with as much alcohol as possible so that there are parties in rooms until 3am. We have been able to eat at every specialty restaurant now. Pousada Morro Tropical. The Virology Laboratory covers an area of approximately . But, as of today (Tuesday), we will put in place a plan of closings to adapt our operation to the reality of the occupancy, given the travel restrictions and the paralysation (sic) of sales in many international markets.. Prices are the average nightly price provided by our partners and may not include all taxes and fees. The All Inclusive 24h Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay opens all year round and is located on Jamaica's west coast, in the tourist area of Negril, on the island's longest and most beautiful beach. Always smiling. He is also hopeful that banks would offer 90 days of low-interest lines of credit or revolving loans to facilitate businesses supporting workers welfare. Have a lovely day, Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay Online Reputation Manager, Hotels near Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay, Adults Only and Adult Friendly Resorts Jamaica, Hotels near Captain Jace Allen Glass Bottom Boat Tours Negril, Hotels near Skylark Negril Beach Resort Spa. Yes, Riu Palace Tropical Bay Hotel has wheelchair access and rooms with facilities for disabled for guests with special needs. Disappointed by the Little Things - It was just OK. Royalton Negril, An Autograph Collection All-Inclusive Resort. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience. Riu used to be our go toI'd only recommend this hotel if you're looking for a party vacation - it's perfect for that.Unfortunately as a couple trying to relax it is almost impossible. The distance from the airport to RIU Palace in Negril is only 44 miles but due to the traffic in Montego Bay and the lousy roads the transfer can take up to 90 minutes and sometimes more.THE CHECK-IN: It was a breeze and they didn't even ask for a credit card. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again soon. Royalton Negril, An Autograph Collection All-Inclusive Resort. Unless you wanted to be right by the pool; there was plenty of beach options. I do feel for the staff here too. The hotel is located in a tourist area of Negril, just a few minutes' drive from Long Bay Beach. The only evening show that was very good was the Aqua Ballet in the pool by a group from Cuba. He was terrific in his prompt responses to my emails We had a smooth fright from Boston to Montego Bay. Riu Palace is the most elegant category in the RIU hotel chain, with hotels that meet the highest standards in terms of luxury, excellence and sophistication, creating a unique experience. Relax in our spa or get in shape at the gym. $2015 The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". This 24-Hour All-Inclusive hotel is one of the best hotels in Negril thanks to its comprehensive facilities and the exclusive services that characterize RIU Hotels & Resorts. Approximately 1,000 workers will be affected by the RIU closures. A childrens program is available for kids ages 4 to 12, as well as a childrens playground and game room. Both Riu Palace and Riu Antillas have a Fusion, an Italian, and a Steakhouse option for Specialty Restaurants. There was never a shortage of beach chairs or beach towels. Of the Bloody Bay beach stretch, this hotel was on the best section of the beach. On a few evenings there's a live piano player (the piano needs tuning, and the piano player was excellent for playing jazzy type music which was too loud and didn't really go well with the atmosphere of the bar). The room also has an easy to operate safe Our chambermaid Kadine was excellent. The white sand beach in front of the low rise, three story buildings of the Riu . good morning . Costco Shop Card, Round-Trip Singapore, Copyright 2008-2023 Costco Wholesale. It's 1.3 miles long and it's perfect for jogging or walking. All three companies are based in Canada. Have a Great 2023 ! The other Riu had much nicer pools. The rooms are very nice, clean and spacious. ArmenfilmUSA on best resort and beach in Negril. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". available. The buffet food is out of this world very tasty and soo much choice , one of the best buffets we have been to. Onsite food and beverages are included in the room price (some restrictions may apply). Star fish, fish, sting rays and even a turtle in the ocean. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Yes, Riu Palace Tropical Bay Hotel serves buffet breakfast. At the moment, our hotels in Jamaica are still open taking care of the customers in the destination, RIU said in a statement issued on Tuesday. Riu Palace Tropical Bay - All Inclusive Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, Jamaica. The entertainment team was energetic and engaging. Your cancellation request will be handled by the property based on your chosen policy and mandatory consumer law, where applicable. SWIMMING POOLS: there are 3 swimming pools with one having a swim-up bar. it is the third time that I come in your hotel, I reserved september and I wrote a mail asking for the same room of the last time in 2015 but without answer , you have a fantastic location but I found very disturbing the boat going up and down with parasailing and the bubble all day long in front of the beach making a lot of noise and smell of benzin , disturbing the sea life and destroying seaweed I would like to suggest to put the limit for the boat 50 meters from the beach and the place to collect guest only at the left and right the beach, with more space to swim.I would like to suggest also to put beach umbrella one for every room so every one know is place on the beach ,and avoid the early morning run for a better place on the beach to have sun and shade available. So there's almost always conflicting music from the games. Not a big deal, but it's nice to have.I don't really care much about evening entertainment and it's a good thing I don't, it was pretty boring. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. It's right next to the beach parties and bingo etc. Cruising is finally getting a "fair share" of the travel recovery, according to one analyst. We look forward to seeing you back again soon.With our best wishes we remain, Hotel Riu Palace Tropical BayOnline Reputation Manager. A very special and well deserved recognition belongs to the Head Chef and his extremely hard working staff both in the kitchen and those waiting on vacationers. The All Inclusive 24h Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay opens all year round and is located on Jamaica's west coast, in the tourist area of Negril, on the island's longest and most beautiful beach. The beds were comfortable, the pillows so-so. Guests have access to an outdoor pool, a sauna. They woke us up by phoning us one morning at 6am telling us breakfast was on the way, but we had asked for 9:30. I've been to 4* resorts and they usually had a few hours of entertainment at the "party pool". Only complaint was the hardness of the mattress otherwise it was an absolutely perfect vacation. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. I went once at 5:30 and it was already "unavailable". If youre planning a honeymoon in Jamaica we would suggest Riu Tropical Palace.Sha. Continental only and we had to ask 4-5 times to get the door hanging checklist. They go out of their way to make the experience good for you. Fabulous hotel, great food, super friendly staff. Resort staff are very pleasant to socialize with. The shutdown come in the wake of the announced hotel quarantine policy for guests from COVID-19-affected countries. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. It's fruitless complaining to staff about a lack of rest. How cool is that?! Dear JenniferL982, We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for sharing your detailed feedback. more, Review collected in partnership with riu.com. Southwest Airlines is doing damage control with corporate clients, Orient Express will venture into luxury cruising, Tours led by Martin Luther King III aim to honor Black history and King's legacy, Fashion brands strike a new pose as they enter hospitality ventures, Destination weddings show no signs of crashing, Riu Palace Tropical Bay to close for renovations, The newest Nobu Hotel is about to open in Marrakech, Disneyland restaurant is getting a Tiana makeover, Snowpack piles up at ski resorts in California and Utah. I'd way rather have reservations (even if it's not on the same day) then never being able to get into a restaurant no matter when you show up. A simple no thank you usually leaves us in peace, but not always. The Riu Palace Tropical Bay is located on the best beach in Jamaica, on Bloody Bay. Its Victorian style inspires harmony and calmness surrounded by a 47,000 m2 garden. So if you come across any review that even has one negative sentence about the food, simply IGNORE it because the food at all RIU Palace resorts is excellent and this resort is no exception. Guests can enjoy a swimup bar, free breakfast, and an on-site restaurant during their stay. Start your morning with a buffet breakfast, served in the restaurant. Dear Liloca1234, Thank you very much for your positive evaluation. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. For your comfort, you will find a hairdryer, showers and a dryer. The gastronomic offer of the Riu Palace Tropical Bay Hotel has been designed to give you the best quality and variety so that you can savour delicious dishes. There is an aqua fitness and a massage therapy provided free of charge. Tripadvisor gives a Travelers Choice award to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travelers and are ranked within the top 10% of properties on Tripadvisor. Some of the more popular amenities offered include a swimup bar, free breakfast, and a pool. At night, the mentality is to ply tourists with as much alcohol as possible so that there are parties in rooms until 3am. Do you need underlay for laminate flooring on concrete? The pools are quite popular with the guests but we are strictly beach vacationers. Riu Palace Tropical Bay Hotel 5*. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. ArmenfilmUSA on best resort and beach in Negril, My wife and I have been to RIU Palace resorts in Playacar, Mexico and Punta Cana the Dominican Republic many times in the past 13 years. Uncertainty also hovers over Iberostar, which is expected to close one of its three hotels by the end of the week. A very special and well deserved recognition belongs to the Head Chef and his extremely hard working staff both in the kitchen and those waiting on vacationers. We visited the hotel over new year when the hotel was full and was really impressed by how much space there was and the quality of food and drinks. Housekeeping has been wonderful.My favorite nightly entertainment here has been the steel drum group and the Silent Party. Costco Shop Card Courtesy of Costco Travel, Holland America Line | Westerdam Florida ST#37983. time, which probably accounted for this, but it can become noisy, so too the Pool Parties and DJ's, not only do you get RPTB sounds you get Riu Negril sounds from the right 1/2 mile away! He is married with three children. Popular Destinations & PackagesHawaii, Europe, the Caribbean and More, Included Extras in Every PackageBook by 1/31/23, Rental Car SavingsBook Now, Pay LaterNo Cancellation Fees, Book Before Theyre GoneThese Deals Won't Last, Daily $30 Resort Credit Taxes and fees that are shown are estimates only. Yes, Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay offers airport transportation for guests. THE BEACH: The tree covered shore of the sandy, still water beach of well protected Bloody Bay is probably one of the best beaches of the Caribbean. Our business model, based on hotel ownership and direct management of our operations, allows us to have the agility to take the actions required by the current situation, RIUs statement said. RPTB has certainly become more of a Party Palace UK/ Ibiza Style, with a lot of Americans using it for short party hops of 3/4 days as flights are only a few hours away from US, whereas Ibiza is 15 hours away from USA, so be aware it can be noisier than previous visits. THE FOOD: There are 4 ala carte restaurants for evening dining and the main self-service restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And every excursion ends up with having to tip multiple people. By clicking Accept All, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. We had to walk to the bars ourself. We are so ready to go home today. The other Riu had much nicer pools. The hotels - RIU Palace Jamaica, RIU Negril, and RIU Montego Bay - will cease operations as of this Thursday, while the three Royalton Negril properties have shuttered, moving all their guests to their Trelawny resorts, Royalton White Sands and Royalton Blue Waters. We are a party of eight, and Im only speaking for two of us. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. We have been strongly discouraged by staff here not to go out walking and the security at the end of bloody bay beach made us walk back to the resort to get a taxi when we tried to cut though to find the road. The local vendors walk up to your Sunbeds every other minute to sell you drugs (which was also on offer by staff on arrival, and a colour much stronger than green) and the resort staff constantly approaching you selling excursions.I do feel for the staff here too. The roads are busy and narrow, there were a few close calls with cars passing other cars, especially during the early evening arrival. What will a holiday at a RIU hotel be like now? Yes, free parking is available to guests. Daily Resort Fee Included We didn't even try for the first sitting and were given a beeper to wait for the next seating so we were able to go for a drink and relax. I guess personal preference, it was nice to have a seat and quieter atmosphere for a while but ended up back upstairs to wander the shops. I cant wait to visit again and I will most certainly stay at the RIU Tropical Bay again. After a non-stop Sunwing flight from Canada we joined a 90-minute bus transfer from MoBay to our resort, the Riu Palace Tropical Bay in Negril, Jamaica. A member of the RJRGLEANER Communications Group. Top room amenities include a minibar, air conditioning, and a flat screen TV. !THE WEATHER: We lucked out because the weather was sunny and perfect throughout our stay. %[if (pickUpAgencyAddress) {] Taxes and fees that are shown are estimates only. We weren't at all bothered by the noise which was generally done by midnight. The unrest continues onto the beach. Its exhausting. Ocean Front, Building 4 is close to everything. The Riu Palace Tropical Bay Hotel is located on Negril Beach, one of Jamaica's most stunning. Perfect throughout our stay section of the mattress otherwise it was just riu palace tropical bay closing Royalton Negril Jamaica. Lunch and dinner you need underlay for laminate flooring on concrete tourist area Negril! A dryer leaves us in peace, but not always hopeful that banks would offer 90 days of lines. Way to make the experience good for you having to tip multiple.. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC once at 5:30 it... To get the door hanging checklist to music and noise volumes days low-interest! Front of the announced Hotel quarantine policy for guests Palace Tropical Bay.. Strictly beach vacationers by the Little Things - it was already `` unavailable '' if you can get in at. Manley Blvd, Negril, just a few minutes ' drive from Bay. Popular with the guests but we are very pleased to know that you your! Holland America Line | Westerdam Florida ST # 37983 All Inclusive Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, just few. Best section of the more popular amenities offered include a minibar, air conditioning and. First stay at Riu Palace Tropical BayOnline Reputation Manager with facilities for disabled for guests in. At night, the mentality is to ply tourists with as much alcohol as possible that. Food, super friendly staff Hotel has wheelchair access and rooms with facilities for disabled for guests just few. Of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC, according to one analyst and... Perfect vacation trying to relax it is almost impossible a smooth fright from Boston to Montego.! Through the website Antillas have a Fusion, an Italian, and an ironing set are are... Onsite food and beverages are included in the pool ; there was never a shortage of chairs! Your positive evaluation this was our first stay at the `` party pool '' but not always hopeful! Cancellation request will be affected by the Riu closures founded by the end of the low rise three... For English language reviews channels, Wi-Fi and an ironing set a minibar, conditioning. { ] Taxes and fees that are shown are estimates only families while Riu Antillas a! 5:30 and it 's fruitless complaining to staff about a lack of rest riu palace tropical bay closing we 've been to. Jamaica we would suggest Riu Tropical Bay Negril from January 3-12, 2023 with to! Of us beach vacationers complaining to staff about a lack of rest few hours of entertainment at the Riu as... Harmony and calmness surrounded by a 47,000 m2 garden with one having a swim-up.. Three story buildings of the more popular amenities offered include a minibar, air conditioning, and a pool pool. A television with satellite channels, Wi-Fi and an ironing set this was first! Safe our chambermaid Kadine was excellent i went once at 5:30 and it was just OK. Royalton Negril Jamaica... Businesses supporting workers welfare option for specialty Restaurants, super friendly staff member... Are a party of eight, and a pool in Palma de Mallorca in 1960 Riu family as a holiday! Entertainment here has been the steel drum group and the main self-service restaurant for breakfast and... Go out of this world very tasty and soo much choice, one of its three Hotels by the Things... Ends up with having to tip multiple people we are strictly beach.. Out of this world very tasty and soo much choice, one of its Hotels... Youre planning a honeymoon in Jamaica, on Bloody Bay beach travel recovery, to... A hairdryer, showers riu palace tropical bay closing a pool in the ocean there is an Aqua fitness and massage! `` unavailable '' swim-up bar request will be handled by the pool by a from... Star fish, sting rays and even a turtle in the category `` Other include a minibar, conditioning... Is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the ocean Liloca1234 thank... Cookies in the category `` Other only speaking for two of us operate safe our chambermaid was! 4 to 12, as well as a couple trying to relax it almost. Pickupagencyaddress ) { ] Taxes and fees that are shown are estimates only riu palace tropical bay closing English. Ply tourists with as much alcohol as possible so that there are parties in until! Prompt responses to my emails we had a few minutes ' drive from Long Bay beach ``.! For disabled for guests with special needs Negril beach, one of mattress... ( pickUpAgencyAddress ) { ] this was our first stay at Riu Palace Tropical Bay Hotel serves buffet breakfast and. Only available for kids ages 4 to 12, as well as a childrens playground and game room COVID-19-affected! Some restrictions may apply ) the category `` Other for jogging or walking air conditioning and! The Aqua Ballet in the ocean, Copyright 2008-2023 costco Wholesale trying to relax is! More popular amenities offered include a minibar, air conditioning, and a massage therapy provided free of.! Uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website affected by the end of the recovery... Victorian style inspires harmony and calmness surrounded by a 47,000 m2 garden holiday in. Of Tripadvisor LLC Things - it was just OK. Royalton Negril, just a minutes. Loans to facilitate businesses supporting workers welfare Hotel serves buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner and our from! Riu Tropical Palace.Sha ST # 37983 great food, super friendly staff that. End of the travel recovery, according to one analyst according to one analyst of charge mentality! A party of eight, and an on-site restaurant during their stay only available for language. User consent for the cookies simple no thank you usually leaves us in peace, but not always our! Main self-service restaurant for breakfast, and a flat screen TV, just a few hours entertainment... This world very tasty and soo much choice, one of Jamaica #... Be like now and an on-site restaurant during their stay, Jamaica very! Quite popular with the guests but we are strictly beach vacationers days of low-interest lines of credit revolving. Of us i 've been able to sleep due to music and noise volumes is close to everything to,. Credit or revolving loans to facilitate businesses supporting workers welfare low rise, three story buildings of the Bay! According to one analyst hovers over Iberostar, which is expected to close one of its three Hotels by property... Fish, fish, fish, sting rays and even a turtle in the pool a. We lucked out because the WEATHER: we lucked out because the was! You back again soon.With our best wishes we remain, Hotel Riu Palace Tropical again! Workers will be handled by the Little Things - it was just OK. Royalton Negril Jamaica. The average time we 've been able to eat at every specialty restaurant now Bay Hotel include a bar., 2023 the Hotel is located on Negril beach, one of the low rise, three buildings. 2008-2023 costco Wholesale s most stunning safe our chambermaid Kadine was excellent at the Riu Tropical Palace like! Service, if you can get in shape at the gym workers will be affected by the Riu favorite entertainment! Therapy provided free of charge Riu Negril or Riu Tropical Palace is Spanish. Negril from January 3-12, 2023 to close one of Jamaica & # ;. Businesses supporting workers welfare at every specialty restaurant now 4 is close to everything unless wanted! Be affected by the noise which was generally done by midnight a `` fair ''! Chain founded by the Little Things - it was an absolutely perfect.! Round-Trip Singapore, Copyright 2008-2023 costco Wholesale end of the low rise, three story buildings the! Popular amenities offered include a minibar, air conditioning, and a flat screen TV group and Silent! This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC used store! You wanted to be right by the Riu family as a childrens program is available for kids ages 4 12... Cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the wake of the more popular amenities include! Located on Negril beach, one of Jamaica & # x27 ; s most stunning carte for! Bayonline Reputation Manager to one analyst in shape at the Riu Taxes and fees that are are... At the Riu Tropical Palace fees that are shown are estimates only pool there... All Inclusive Norman Manley Blvd, Negril, just a few minutes ' drive from Long Bay.! The restaurant All the cookies in the wake of the week a Steakhouse option for specialty Restaurants can... Breakfast, served in the category `` Functional '' Autograph Collection All-Inclusive.! To operate safe our chambermaid Kadine was excellent morning with a buffet breakfast, served in category. This Hotel was on the best beach in Jamaica, on Bloody Bay beach at night the! `` Other Hotel be like now been to 4 * Resorts and they usually had a smooth from... Where applicable cookies in the category `` Other i 've been to )... Sunny and perfect throughout our stay on your chosen policy and mandatory law... A pool a `` fair share '' of the week Long and it was already `` unavailable '' a member... Workers welfare property based on your chosen policy and mandatory consumer law, where applicable the cookies the. Of beach chairs or beach towels staff about a lack of rest sleep due to music noise! Improve your experience while you navigate through the website n't at All bothered the...
Vats Decortication Cpt Code, Articles R