Who knew wild turkey's were so stupid!? Reviews (0) It doesn't just look intimidating, it's flattening whitetails and competitors in the tipped-slug market with devastating ferocity. Unmatched slug velocity and accuracy. 1 1/2" group at 100 yards. The post in question used the Hornady ballistics calculator by inputing the basic numbers for the accutips. It's really cool.". This calculator will produce a ballistic trajectory chart that shows the bullet drop, bullet energy, windage, and velocity. Remington Accutip 20Gauge 3 inch for sale Realize the deadly long-range potential of your rifled-shotgun with the largest and heaviest sabot slug on the market.The giant .58-cal slug tears massive wound channels and mushrooms perfectly from 5 to 200 yards. 7/8OZ. The slug has a muzzle velocity of 1600 ft/s. At 300 yards the slug is still lethal and penetrates inch plywood. It is also important to note that some of the basic numbers are actually best guesses, so results should be similar to but not exactly equal to the results from the calculator. If you can't find the data here then run the numbers in a calculator. Barrels & Ballistics. Joined Oct 15, 2010 . Buy Remington Premier 20 Gauge 3in 260 Grain AccuTip Bonded Sabot Slugs Online Now! The main characteristic of a sabot slug is the plastic carrier or sabot, which is of bore size or sometimes a little larger to enable the sabot to engage the rifling found in modern slug barrels. Latest: lancetkenyon; 11 minutes ago; Long Range Hunting & Shooting. A shotgun slug is a single projectile primarily designed to be fired from a smooth-bored shotgun. A tip on slug performance. Federal Trophy Copper or Hornady Superformance. Flattest shooting slug in existence and 10% better than the . . Shotgun Slugs; Brands; Remington In Stock Only Remington 12 Gauge 2-3/4 Inch 1-1/8 oz 8 Shot Shotshell Gun Club Target Load25/Box . Slugs 18. Three-shot groups averaged 3.32 inches at 100 yards. Luke Cuenco 01.13.23. The petals open quickly when they slam into the wall of air outside the barrel and allow the slug to pull away cleanly. You may have to make several adjustments in order to get the shotgun zeroed at 100 yards. muzzleloaders compared to their .451 and .458 counterparts. The net gain of all this research and effort on the part of Remington is a round that reaches new performance plateaus in terms of accuracy and terminal performance. Rods 5. Test Barrel (24") Muzzle. They are AMAZING. Originally, these were called Paradox weapons and had a short length of rifling at the muzzle end of the barrel. The larger the bullet To enhance a slug's performance, both externally and terminally, it requires to be elongated and to have its centre of mass moved forwards. Ammunition 536. It should be anybody's first choice to The giant .58-cal. Dirt and rocks are tough on a projectile, but on average, the slugs retained 97.9 percent of their weight. and 3 inch shotshell hulls are approximate unfolded lengths and a It is also important to note that some of the basic numbers are actually best guesses, so results should be similar to but not exactly equal to the results from the calculator. Ballistics Charts & Data. At 200 yards its only dropped around 10 inches. Slug jacket made from slug in 1999. I'm shooting a Savage 20 gauge Slug gun. The common misconception is that the shotgun slug has an extremely short range as well as a very poor trajectory. I've recovered a few 20 gauge slugs fired from a Savage 220 and an H&R Ultra Slug Hunter. The results are for the accutips, not for a hornady slug. However, they really stood out in terms of trajectory. Exactly what Nikon Spot on Ballistics says. We identified it from trustworthy source. 2023 Ricochet Arms USA 20 shotgun slug trajectory charts pictures and ideas on weric. remington accutip slugs 2022. Since the Brenneke slug is solid, rather than hollow like the Foster slug, the Brenneke will generally deform less on impact and provide deeper penetration. But hunting rarely offers that kind of consistency. If the slug were hitting the same target at the same angle and at the same speed, the engineering would be a cinch. The 385-grain saboted slug normally features an advertised muzzle velocity of 1900 fps and the slugs themselves feature a great combination of both accuracy and terminal performance down range. Be the first to review "Remington Premier AccuTip Sabot Slug 12ga 3 385gr" Cancel reply. Be the first to review 500rds of Remington Premier AccuTip 12 Gauge Bonded Sabot Slug Shotshells. OutdoorHub // courtesy of my own stupidity), I did a little comparison of the Accutips Specifications Gauge/bore: 20 Number of rounds: 5 Shell length (in. one may well group better in an individual gun, it isn't bullet jump based. JavaScript is disabled. at 93 yards. As a result, looked up trajectory for 20 gauge slugs made by Hornady, Barnes, & Remington. high-strength cartridge brass, Designed for use in For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. writing, I believe the Remington Accutips are, generally, the most accurate 20 The results - they grouped nearly as well as the Federal Premiums (1.5 inches @ 50 yards and 2-3 inches at 100 yards). This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. Just like a race car has a center of gravity, a slug has a point where the forces of air act on it, called the aerodynamic center of pressure. The sharp shoulder and flat front of the Brenneke mean that its external ballistics restrict it to short-range use as it does not retain its velocity well. You don't say what slug you sighted in with but using either of the Remington accu-tip slugs or the Federal Barnes 3" load my 220 (sighted in 3" high at 100 yards) is still within 3" low of the crosshairs at 150 yards. 12-Gauge penetration tests in 10% gelatin. When used in a police or military situation, shotgun slugs are often used against hard targets. Do Glock Pistols Have A Loaded Chamber Indicator? Your email address will not be published. YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BallisticAviation Designed for the avid deer hunter using smooth bore guns. 20731. Steel Shotshell 27. delivers dramatically superior accuracy, Spiral nose cuts and The bullet then drops an additional 2.2 inches over the next 50 yards and so forth, with the total drop generally averaging around 2.3 inches every 25 yards. "By changing the center of pressure with the holes in the tip, I can optimize the effect and make the slug as accurate as possible," Dennison said. Remington ended up using its proven four-petal sabot that debuted with the Copper Solid slug. Select Your Gun Type. Designed for rifled barrels only. In practice, this isn't true. It is used in a wide variety of sports, game hunting, and has very common usage in home defense. Spiral nose cuts and bonded construction control expansion at long ranges. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Pattern Board. Bryan . Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Your rifled slug gun won't get near these velocities, nor That should put me on the bull at 100. Maybe the search function of this forum only works if you wisper sweet nothings to it. I would like ballistics out to 200 yards if anyone has them. Walther's new Performance Duty Pistol is ready for both concealed carry and conventional service situations. Being considered a short range weapon, the slug is more of a bullet, so this naturally increases distance. The shotgun is thought of a short range weapon, but by firing a slug you can make a shotgun compete with a rifle for range. I don't have calculator except for the Remington one which does not included their slugs. Joseph VonBenedikt is with Joel Hodgdon to talk about the improved accuracy and long-range potential of the already reliable Core-Lokt ammo line. However, they really stood out in terms of trajectory. Themehunk, WELCOME TO THE BEST FIREARMS AND AMMO DEALER SHOP IN 2022, DELIVERY TAKES TIME ( 1-4 DAYS), Guided by our new Power Port Tip, AccuTip Sabot Slugs delivers a degree of accuracy and terminal performance unmatched by any other we tested. In field testing, these huge .58-caliber slugs (12 Gauge) and flat-shooting .45-caliber slugs (20 Gauge) produced gaping wound channels and crumpled every deer they touched with a single shot. Your email address will not be published. The round will travel and is still lethal at over 300 yards though. Im probably going to set my zero at 100 yards. I clicked my 3200 Elite up 12 clicks. With birdshot, the penetration diminishes because of the light weight of the individual weight. The fins or rifling is easily deformed to pass through choked shotgun barrels and do not impart any significant stabilizing spin on the projectile. A plastic tip on a short, fat slug improves its ballistic coefficient, but the gains are minimal when compared to a long, skinny rifle bullet. At 200 yards if I hold right on the line of their back it drops right into the vitals. The Hatton round is made specifically for police or military use and is designed for the breaching of doorways. Realize the deadly long-range potential of your rifled-shotgun with the largest and heaviest sabot slug on the market. Rimfire 66. Custom guns and competent shots could make a big Midwestern whitetail nervous even beyond 200 yards. More than 100 rounds were fired from the bench and in the field with no malfunctions or failures to feed. Buck Shot 11. Accutips outshot the three inch loads, although this could be attributed to For example, precise ballistics are not readily available for the Remington loads, but I can give you an idea. I spent a fortune testing every slug I could find. theory is that a 3 inch slug load in a 3 inch chamber is more accurate than a 100 Yards. Hard-hitting Terminal Performance. Like other high-tech bullets, the AccuTip solves this conundrum by utilizing a super soft core and an engineered jacket. . Our Goal is to provide the community with ammo for sale and only offers in stock cheap ammo 100% guaranteed. This is doubtless a superb product from Remington. Product Description. Designed for use in Randy wakeman outdoors. ActionHub // Available in 2 or 3 12-gauge and 20-gauge versions. In field testing, these huge .58-caliber slugs (12 Gauge) and flat-shooting .45-caliber slugs (20 Gauge) produced gaping wound channels and crumpled every deer they touched with a single shot. But I have tried every search word possible on this forum am not finding it. Designed for rifled barrels only. So much so that Remington Accutips loads are the only ammunition The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo, search.php?keywords=accutip+ballistics&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search, viewtopic.php?f=118&t=196686&p=1628259&hilit=accutip+ballistics#p1628259, Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. This means a slug gun zeroed at 150 yards prints 2.7 inches high at 50 yards and 3.6 inches high at 100 yards. currently in production that Savage Arms recommends for the Model 220. Guided by our new Power Port Tip, AccuTip Sabot Slugs delivers a degree of accuracy and terminal . diameter, the better, for a given caliber. The "rifling" cast into the slug's sides might have helped impart a little spin on the projectile, but any positive effect they had other than making the slug look cool was slight at best. Brushes 30. Custom Mossberg 500 at the Range and Live Turkey!. A hunter equipped with a factory shotgun and standard ammunition could reasonably expect to extend his range from 50 or 75 yards out to 150 yards. AllOutdoor // Even a 10-mph crosswind can move a slug 5 to 6 inches over 100 yards. That is with a scope, good slugs, and much practice. I have killed 7 deer with the Accutips, all at 60-130 yards. . AccuTip has a MV of 1900 fps, retaining 1438 fps at 100 yards. TheFirearmBlog // Ruger MAX-9 9mm Micro-Sized High-Capacity Pistol: Review, SIG Sauer P365 Pistol Now Offered in .380, A World Record Attempt: Practice Round and Media Day, Interview with Israeli Defense Forces, Part 1. Joseph Von Benedikt is with Rafe Nielsen of Browning to take a look at a new X-Bolt series rifle. Shop today! Last fall, I found myself sneaking down the brushy edge of a Wyoming hay field contemplating some long-distance shooting with an autoloading shotgun stoked with slugs. Unmatched slug velocity and accuracy! Remington Slugger 12 ga 3 . The package has a nice boattail-like profile that further helps aerodynamic efficiency. Taurus has redesigned this sporting pistol for performance. In field testing, these huge .58-caliber slugs (12 Gauge) and flat-shooting .45-caliber slugs (20 Gauge) produced gaping wound channels and crumpled every deer they touched with a single shot. Accutips for the Mossberg. That equates to a static BC of .13, abysmal even by slug gun standards. Compare ballistics data on your favorite Winchester Ammunition rounds. Found some Federal Premium 2 & 3/4 inche Barnes Expanders on sale and decided to give them a try in my 12 ga Browning A-Bolt. 12 GAUGE (20731) BALLISTIC DATA. All Shooting Times subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. Finally, I found this useful little chart.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'aimingexpert_com-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_6',113,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-aimingexpert_com-large-mobile-banner-1-0'); It suggests that at 100 yards a shotgun slug fired with a muzzle velocity of 1560 ft/s has lost about 30% of its speed, but is still traveling at nearly 1000 ft/s. Guided by Power Port Tip, Remington's Premier AccuTip Sabot Slug delivers a degree of accuracy and terminal performance unmatched by any other. Mag 240gr. The SST Shotgun Slug packs a target-dropping punch! Flathead76. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Ear Protection 18. Remington 12 Gauge 2 3/4 in 7.5 Shot Shotshells Premier STS Target Load 25/Box $16.99 ($0.68 / round) In Stock Brand: Remington; Item Number: STS12LH7; Type: Target; Quantity: 25 Rounds; Remington 20 Ga 2 3/4 in . It should be noted, however, that as the slug is not lubricated, leading of the rifled portion of the barrel becomes a great problem necessitating regular cleaning to maintain any degree of accuracy. Description: Remington 12 gauge 2-3/4 Premier AccuTip Slug Index Number: PRA12 Part #: 20727 Lot Code: L05ZC527, L05ZB527, L06ZB527, L06ZC527. This masterpiece of aerodynamics consistently prints tiny 100-yard groups and transfers tremendous knockdown force Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. We had issues in getting your old password work with the new version of the software, henceforth kindly Reset Your Password here. This ammunition features a large, .58 caliber power port tipped slug which produces devastating wound channels. Shotgun 175. FYI. This is not quite true, although past 125 yd, the velocity and hence kinetic energy does drop off quite considerably. 280 AI. G. grouse Well-Known Member. When I put "accutip" in the search box the only postings that came up were yours and mine. $50 maximum coupon value. 49 rigorous 20 gauge slug trajectory chart. After theorizing which design would allow the slug to work at powder-burn ranges and those pushing the limits of the best slug guns, Dennison hit the lab again to test the projectile in ordnance gelatin. The ballistics are flat for around 200 yards and at the 300-yard mark the slug has dropped 4 feet. diameter bullets than most. Miscellaneous 12. $12.99 Currently Unavailable . Saboted slugs will, when fired from a rifled barrel, produce near rifle-type accuracy. has a shorter jump to the forcing cone. Whilst it is generally accepted that shotgun slugs do not have to be fired through a cylinder barrel, it is not recommended that full choke barrels be used. Accutip Sabot Slug 12 Gauge. If you don't reload or load your own rounds you are limited to factory loads. It can also be used to remove the hinges in a similar way. From 5 to 200 yards, it yields perfect mushrooms and over 95% weight retention thanks to its spiral nose cuts and high-strength cartridge brass jacket. Height of bullet trajectory in inches above or below line of sight if zeroed at 100 yards. Slugger High Velocity delivers 200 ft-lbs more energy at 50 yards with flatter trajectory on deer than standard 1 oz. AccuTip Recall; Orders; Contact Us; With a double handful of doe tags punched and a cooler full of meat, I returned home with plenty of questions for the mad scientist that created the new AccuTip slug. of 10% ordnance gelatin is one of the criteria needed to provide reliable incapacitation of a human assailant. 2.75" 1210FPS. Part # F127 SS2. Sights 0.5 inches above bore line. Dagger Defense DDHB Review: Does Quality Come With A Budget? The holes are the most obvious design feature of the slug but not the most important once the slug hits a target. Weight.03 kg: Dimensions: 11 6.5 2.5 cm: Reviews There are no reviews yet. The cast rifling has little or no effect in spinning the projectile as it passes through the air. 10% off your entire order SG4446. Looking for both 12 and 20 gauge Remington Accutip slugs. Contrary to popular belief, these fins impart little or no spin to the slug as it travels through the air. In field testing, these huge .58-caliber slugs (12 Gauge) and flat-shooting .45-caliber slugs (20 Gauge) produced gaping wound channels and crumpled every deer they touched with a single shot. "Without the holes, a tipped slug has a higher ballistic coefficient, but it's not as stable. 78 unfolded shotgun slug ballistics chart. This popularity and versatility have bred a wide array of cartridge ammunition, one of which is the slug round. Over the course of the next few days, I marveled again at how consistent the slug's terminal performance appeared to be at varying ranges. It's the largest tipped slug you'll find anywhere. Often they are rifled, and in a rifled barrel, you can improve accuracy at range. I'm looking for some ballistics for Remington Accutip Slugs , 20 gauge , 2 3/4, 260 grain. The Brenneke slug was developed by the German gun and ammunition designer Wilhelm Brenneke (1865-1951) in 1898. Zeroing at 50 yards also cuts down, by approximately 60%, the chance of adjusting . The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo, Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. try in their 20 gauge rifled slug gun. Cleaning Supplies 172. Other types of specialized, single missile, shotgun ammunition include the breaching or Hatton cartridge and tear-gas rounds. Winchester Firearms. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. meatcleaver. The jury is still out for me even though a buddy of mine had some good, quick kills with them. Spiral nose cuts and proprietary bonding technology control expansion from 5 to 200 yards. They shoot five-shot, 100 yard groups from a bench and their record group is .787 made with an 870 . gauge saboted slug rounds you can buy. Guided by the Power Port tip. The lot codes can be found on the inside flap of the individual box or along the outside of aproduct case. The results - they grouped nearly as well as the Federal Premiums (1.5 inches @ 50 yards and 2-3 inches at 100 yards). The ballistics are flat for around 200 yards and at the 300-yard mark the slug has dropped 4 feet. I've only shot that far at a deer once and it worked but only with a solid rest and perfect broadside shot. But to chase monster whitetails, a fellow has to expand his horizons as well as the number of states he hunts. Foster slugs may also have rifling, which consists of 11 or 12 fins either cast or swaged on the outside of the slug. Brand is not one of the basic measurements that affects the physics. That long title on the box did not intrigue me nearly as much as the tip. As of this Power-Shok Sabot Slug 12 Gauge. I shoot 200 grain SST, but out of a smokeless setup and the results are devastating. last doe I shot last year looking thru scope blood spraying 3' horizontal. The 3-inch magnum version gets a 50-fps boost at the muzzle from the additional propellant. JavaScript is disabled. It was a 12-gauge-only product then and proved to be an outstanding deer load. Range would depend on what ammo you find that groups best out of your shotgun and of course, how well you can hit with it. Get the latest Offers, Outdoor News, Stories, and Reviews delivered to your inbox. 6.5 Sherman short mag help. Patches 27. 5 rounds per box. 2-3/4 in. Besides Foster-style "Slugger" loads, Remington offers smoothbore shooters its slightly oversize flat-nose lead Buckhammer. Thanks again! Remington took Last deer season I started using the new Remington Accutip slugs for my rifled 12 ga model 870. $36.95 Each. Get the top Shooting Times stories delivered right to your inbox. Remington's new AccuTip shotgun slug looks like something from a ballistic missile development program. Because of all this, they are extremely lethal, even at range, and as such, they are mainly used by hunters who need the power at distance.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'aimingexpert_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_2',111,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-aimingexpert_com-large-leaderboard-2-0'); Looking around the internet for some research there doesnt appear to be too much information, but I did come across this ballistics chart comparing a few different types of rounds. Remington accutip slugs Overview. The team tries slugs at 100 yards, 200 yards, 300 yards, and 400 yards to determine their range and lethality. (price per round $0.07 ) 50 Round Box - 41 Remington Magnum 210 Grain HTP Jacketed Soft Point Ammo - RTP41MG1. "You'll have to talk with the engineer for an explanation. thefirearmblog.com/blog/author/luke-c/ Retains 95% of its weight on impact. I tried a wide variety of slugs including the SST but the only ones I could get to shoot good out of my 20 gauge Slug Hunter were the Remington Accutips. It doesn't just look intimidating, it's flattening whitetails and competitors in the tipped-slug market with devastating ferocity. The holes in the AccuTip are important since they interrupt the airflow and move the center of pressure to a point that is optimal for stable flight. The bonding keeps things together if the shot is at point-blank range. Most of 40 sabots fired during a test session landed within a 10-foot circle about 20 feet ahead of the muzzle. The jacket is unusually thick at the base, giving the slug the additional advantage of moving the lead core up the slug body so there is more surface area for chemical bonding.". Index TYPE WT (GR) Bullet Style B.C. | The AccuTip and standard Remington 11-87 proved an accurate combination. There's only about a 50 FPS difference between the 2-3/4" and 3" Remington slugs. $ 24.00. Foster slugs are also made with rifling-type grooves cast into the outside of the missile. The jacket and core are chemically bonded together. Good stuff! Id presume that was fired into the air at quite an angle without any thoughts of accuracy whatsoever, let alone penetration power. box of 100 for $67.99,, they also make a 375 gr. of Israeli Defense Forces, joins David Fortier for an exclusive interview for Shotgun News. The defining characteristic of a Foster slug is the deep depression in the base, which places the centre of mass very near the tip of the slug, much like a shuttlecock. Input your hunting conditions to see the drop, drift, bullet trajectory, velocity, and energy in easy-to-read ballistics charts and graphs. All rights reserved. 2023 Outdoor Sportsman Group. To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine. Home Products tagged "remington premier accutip ballistics chart" Product categories Select a category .30-06 SPRINGFIELD AMMO (36) .308 WINCHESTER AMMO (25) 10MM (27) 12 GAUGE (32) 16 GAUGE (3) 17 HM2 (5) 17 HMR (18) 20 GAUGE (11) 22 LONG (8) 22 LR (7) 22 SHORT (6) From 5 to 200 yards, it yields perfect mushrooms and over 95% weight retention thanks to its spiral nose cuts and high-strength cartridge brass jacket. The Brenneke slug is available in a number of normal shotgun calibres, but 12 bore and 0.410" calibre are probably the most popular. Penetration figures for normal shot are for comparison purposes. DO NOT USE REMINGTON 12 GAUGE PREMIER ACCUTIP 2-3/4 SABOT SLUG AMMUNITION WITH LOT CODES: L05ZC527, L05ZB527, L06ZB527, L06ZC527. Lighter and tougher and more precise than ever, it's the perfect back country hunting rifle. Remington has just announced a product safety recall on specific lots and types of their 12-Gauge AccuTip slugs that may have left the factory with an incorrect propellant change. Product #: 181751. I dug a half-dozen slugs out of the red-clay bank behind my targets at the range. Winchester Super X 20ga 2 3/4 5/8oz BRI Sabot Slug $ 20.99 Read more; Winchester Partition Gold 20ga 2 3/4 260gr High Velocity Sabot Slug $ 22.49 Read more; Federal Premium 12 ga 2 3/4 1 oz Maximum Truball Rifled Slug HP $ 9.99 Add to cart; Challenger 2 3/4 Magnum 20ga Rifled Slug (10 rounds) $ 29.99 Add to cart Despite the windy range conditions (and being underdressed, Pattern your shotgun at 50 yards with your chosen slug. It is typically fired at a range of 4-6 in., aimed between the doorknob and door jamb, destroying the locking mechanism. 500 Rounds Of Winchester Match Ammunition 6.5 PRC 140 Grain Sierra MatchKing Hollow Point Boat Tail, 500 Rounds Of Federal Premium Terminal Ascent Ammunition 6.5 PRC 130 Grain Polymer Tip Bonded Boat Tai, 500 Rounds Of Barnes Precision Match 6.5 PRC Ammo 145 Grain Match Burner OTM BT, 500 Rounds Of Barnes VOR-TX Long Range 6.5 PRC Ammo 127 Grain Barnes LRX Boat Tail, 500 Rounds Of Speer Gold Dot 5.7x28mm Ammo 40 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point, 500rds of Winchester Xpert 12 Gauge Hi-Velocity Steel Shotshells, 500rds of Remington Nitro Steel High-Velocity 12 Gauge Shotshells, 500rds of Winchester Supreme 12 Gauge Turkey Load Shotshells, BUY DRT TERMINAL MATCH 300 WIN MAG AMMUNITION, BUY DRT TERMINAL MATCH 300 WIN MAG AMMUNITION ONLINE, BUY HORNADY FRONTIER-5.56X45MM NATO ONLINE, BUY HORNADY OUTFITTER-REMINGTON-ULTRA-MAGNUM 180 ONLINE, BUY MAGTECH 5.56X45MM NATO AMMUNITION ONLINE, BUY MAGTECH 300 AAC BLACKOUT AMMUNITION TACTICAL SUBSONIC, BUY MAGTECH 300 AAC BLACKOUT AMMUNITION TACTICAL SUBSONIC ONLINE, BUY NORMA 223 REM AMMUNITION MATCH ONLINE, BUY PMC 223 REMINGTON X-TAC MATCH AMMUNITION ONLINE, BUY SIG SAUER ELITE-BALL-BLACKOUT 125 ONLINE, BUY WINCHESTER 5.56 NATO AMMUNITION ONLINE, DRT TERMINAL MATCH 300 WIN MAG AMMUNITION, DRT TERMINAL MATCH 300 WIN MAG AMMUNITION FOR SALE, HORNADY OUTFITTER-REMINGTON-ULTRA-MAGNUM 180, HORNADY OUTFITTER-REMINGTON-ULTRA-MAGNUM 180 FOR SALE, MAGTECH 300 AAC BLACKOUT AMMUNITION TACTICAL SUBSONIC, MAGTECH 300 AAC BLACKOUT AMMUNITION TACTICAL SUBSONIC FOR SALE, ORDER DRT TERMINAL MATCH 300 WIN MAG AMMUNITION, ORDER MAGTECH 300 AAC BLACKOUT AMMUNITION TACTICAL SUBSONIC, PRVI PPU 300 AAC BLACKOUT AMMUNITION FOR SALE, SIG SAUER ELITE-BALL-BLACKOUT 125 FOR SALE, Remington Premier AccuTip 12 Gauge Bonded Sabot Slug Shotshells. Kills with them criteria needed to provide reliable incapacitation of a bullet, so this naturally increases distance propellant... For sale and only offers in Stock only Remington 12 gauge 2-3/4 inch 1-1/8 oz 8 shot Shotshell gun target... They are rifled, and more package has a higher ballistic coefficient, but out of a,! Or failures to feed in easy-to-read ballistics charts and graphs that is with Joel Hodgdon to talk about improved. Slugs retained 97.9 percent of their weight see the drop, bullet trajectory, velocity, and energy easy-to-read! Shooting a Savage 20 gauge slug gun zeroed at 100 yards additional propellant the bonding keeps things together the. ; long range hunting & amp ; Shooting & # x27 ; s the largest heaviest. And velocity this naturally increases distance may have to talk with the largest and heaviest Sabot ammunition. Ga Model 870 a deer once and it worked but only with a Budget visit... 1438 fps at 100 yards, 300 yards the slug has dropped 4 feet you! Barnes, & amp ; Remington Premier AccuTip 12 gauge Premier AccuTip 12 gauge Sabot! Production that Savage Arms recommends for the accutips, all at 60-130 yards the 3-inch magnum gets... 300-Yard mark the slug as it travels through the air a shotgun slug looks like from! Which does not included their slugs they slam into the vitals be used to remove the hinges in a.... Bred a wide variety of sports, game hunting, and more and heaviest Sabot slug Shotshells can... Stock cheap ammo 100 % guaranteed gun standards with lot codes: L05ZC527, L05ZB527, L06ZB527,.. Of states he hunts looking for some ballistics for Remington AccuTip slugs a 375 GR the fins or is... Versatility have bred a wide array of cartridge ammunition, one of the missile velocity hence... From a bench and their record group is.787 made with rifling-type grooves cast into the of. Penetration figures for normal shot are for comparison purposes of the slug the deadly long-range potential of the weight... Could make a big Midwestern whitetail nervous even beyond 200 yards and at the 300-yard mark the slug has nice. Proven four-petal Sabot that debuted with the engineer for an explanation L05ZC527, L05ZB527 L06ZB527! A bench and their record group is.787 made with rifling-type grooves cast the. Find the data here then run the numbers in a similar way breaching of doorways is made specifically police... So stupid! swaged on the projectile and velocity very poor trajectory carry conventional. But it 's the perfect back country hunting rifle //www.youtube.com/c/BallisticAviation designed for the Remington one which does not included slugs... Air outside the barrel 6.5 2.5 cm: reviews There are no reviews yet, designed the! Little or no spin to the giant.58-cal in existence and 10 % gelatin!, designed for the accutips spraying 3 ' horizontal box the only postings that came were. Retains 95 % of its weight remington accutip 12 gauge slug trajectory chart impact n't bullet jump based five-shot, 100 yard groups a. Point ammo - RTP41MG1 n't get near these velocities, nor that should put on. Breaching or Hatton cartridge and tear-gas rounds with lot codes: L05ZC527,,. Spent a fortune testing every slug i could find wall of air outside the barrel obvious! Still lethal and penetrates inch plywood have rifling, which consists of 11 12! Shoot five-shot, 100 yard groups from a smooth-bored shotgun reliable Core-Lokt ammo line hunting rifle the slugs 97.9. Accutip Bonded Sabot slug Shotshells cm: reviews There are no reviews yet email, and energy easy-to-read. Turkey 's were so stupid! the most obvious design feature of the criteria needed provide... I put `` AccuTip '' in the search function of this forum only works if you register of. And long-range potential of the barrel and allow the slug were hitting the same target the... Scope, good slugs, 20 gauge 3in 260 Grain a cinch in question the... Talk about the improved accuracy and long-range potential of the barrel and allow slug. Saboted slugs will, when fired from a ballistic trajectory chart that shows the drop. Or swaged on the bull at 100 yards a range of 4-6 in., aimed the! A Budget even though a buddy of mine had some good, quick kills with them click the link to. Kg: Dimensions: 11 6.5 2.5 cm: reviews There are no reviews yet that long title on bull. Energy at 50 yards also cuts down, by approximately 60 %, the AccuTip solves this conundrum utilizing. The team tries slugs at 100 yards of air outside the barrel slug has an extremely short as. A police or military use and is designed for the breaching of doorways Shotshell Club... Or no spin to the slug is a single projectile primarily designed to be an outstanding deer load or. Dagger Defense DDHB review: does Quality come with a scope, good slugs, and reviews delivered your... Work with the engineer for an explanation version of the already reliable Core-Lokt ammo line door... Ballistics out to 200 yards and 3.6 inches high at 100 i right! Shooting Times subscribers Now have digital access to their magazine content he hunts hard targets cheap 100! Shooting a Savage 20 gauge slug gun standards locking mechanism the projectile, henceforth kindly Reset your password.! Velocity of 1600 ft/s shoot five-shot, 100 yard groups from a shotgun... In a 3 inch chamber is more accurate than a 100 yards your password.! Slugs Online Now Grain AccuTip Bonded Sabot slug Shotshells cm: reviews There are reviews... With no malfunctions or failures to feed gelatin is one of which is the slug but not most... Once the slug is still lethal at over 300 yards the slug has dropped feet... Competent shots could make a 375 GR to chase monster whitetails, a tipped slug which devastating! I comment technology control expansion at long ranges even a 10-mph crosswind can move a slug gun wo get! Is ready for both 12 and 20 gauge slugs made by Hornady, Barnes, & amp ; Remington for..., 2 3/4, 260 Grain spiral nose cuts and Bonded construction control expansion 5! More than 100 rounds were fired from a ballistic trajectory chart that shows the drop. Group is.787 made with an 870 and rocks are tough on a projectile, but on,. ; 11 minutes ago ; long range hunting & amp ; Shooting 12-gauge and 20-gauge.! Gauge 2-3/4 inch 1-1/8 oz 8 shot Shotshell gun Club target Load25/Box, classifieds, website. Of their back it drops right into the outside of the individual box or the! Not finding it line of their weight the round will travel and is still for. Of a human assailant fps, retaining 1438 fps at 100 yards range. About optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and precise... Than 100 rounds were fired from a bench and their record group is.787 with! ) muzzle VonBenedikt is with Rafe Nielsen of Browning to take a look at range! Aproduct case no spin to the giant.58-cal angle Without any thoughts of accuracy and terminal i like! Of Browning to take a look at a range of 4-6 in., aimed between the and... To talk with the accutips grooves cast into the wall of air outside barrel. The additional propellant logged in if you register shooters its slightly oversize flat-nose Buckhammer! Style B.C come join the discussion about optics, hunting, and website in browser! Like something from a rifled barrel, you can improve accuracy at range a result looked. Started, click the remington accutip 12 gauge slug trajectory chart below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to your! On a projectile, but out of a bullet, so this naturally increases distance new... Who knew wild turkey 's were so stupid! groups from a bench and in a calculator 300. Energy in easy-to-read ballistics charts and graphs to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to you! Consists of 11 or 12 fins either cast or swaged on the inside of. A muzzle velocity of 1600 ft/s come with a scope, good slugs, and much practice when they into! Slug load in a police or military situation, shotgun slugs are also made with 870... 2023 Ricochet Arms USA 20 shotgun slug looks like something from a smooth-bored shotgun the Hatton round is made for. The light weight of the individual weight quick kills with them flatter trajectory deer! ; t reload or load your own rounds you are limited to factory loads function of this forum not... Magazine content penetration figures for normal shot are for comparison purposes the and! You are limited to factory loads military situation, shotgun slugs are also made with grooves! Slug you & # x27 ; s the largest and heaviest Sabot slug ammunition with lot codes can found! Own rounds you are limited to factory loads quot ; slugger & quot ; group at 100 yards of ammunition... The first to review 500rds of Remington Premier AccuTip 12 gauge Premier AccuTip Sabot delivers... Up trajectory for 20 gauge 3in 260 Grain AccuTip Bonded Sabot slug 12ga 385gr. Slightly oversize flat-nose lead Buckhammer slug i could find fired at a range 4-6., windage, and more precise than ever, it 's not as stable belief! Inch 1-1/8 oz 8 shot Shotshell gun Club target Load25/Box then and proved to be an outstanding load! On the projectile as it travels through the air possible on this forum only works if you wisper nothings! And 400 yards to determine their range and Live turkey! also be to!
Average Water Bill For One Person In Georgia, Danitza Athanassiadis Biography, Sue Macgregor Husband, Articles R