Iguodala," ESPN's Max Kellerman said Monday morning on "First Take" when . Almost immediately afterwards, Kellermans I want Iguodala clip resurfaced on social media as fans roasted the former First Take host. I got that. However, despite Stephs greatness from beyond the arc, there was once a time when First Take co-host Max Kellerman would have picked Andre Iguodala over him if the game depended on it. But Iguodala also is smart enough to know that defenses are trained to attack and swarm Curry in order to force the ball out of his hands, meaning everyone else on the court has to be ready to take the final shot if Curry isn't able to launch it himself. And I know what that sounds like. ", AI: "Nah, if you understand how the whole system works, you ain't surprised if you hear anything. And 999,999 out of 1,000,000 people would agree that arguably the best shooter in NBA history should probably be the guy with the ball in his hands as the seconds . Stories like this turned ESPNsFirst Takeinto a ratings machine. From one of your favorite fans, appreciate you supporting me, knowing who should take the last shot when the earths on the line. ", AI: "I don't know. Durant didnt play in Game 2, but the fact that Iguodala hit the shot instead of Curry or Thompson was surprising. While . Thompson, on the other hand, might be the second-greatest shooter in history, given that he has shot 41.9% from long range for his career. ESPN 8.38M subscribers Max Kellerman says he didn't learn much about Steph Curry from the 2019 NBA Finals, and despite answering the bell earlier in the series when Klay Thompson was out, Max. The next morning, ESPN's Max Kellerman went on "First Take," where he praised Iguodala with a memorable quote. Back when he was on First Take opposite Stephen A. Smith, Max Kellerman would often get clowned over his fate of the universe on the line statement. Maybe even someone like Nikola Jokic. During the 2019 NBA Finals, the Warriors were looking for their fourth title in five years, and Andre Iguodala hit a game-clinching 3-pointer in Game 2 to tie the series 1-1 with the Toronto Raptors. . It's. After five years on First Take, Kellerman is now leaving the show, as he starred on it for the final time on Sept. 1. Iguodala returned to the Warriors this summer, signing a one-year contract after spending the last two seasons with the Miami Heat. When it matters most, I want Iguodala.". Meanwhile Kellerman always argued his points with the idea: "Stay cool, calm, and collected. "Congratulations on five great years. Before Thompsons recent injuries, he was a dangerous shooter and a capable Robin to Currys Batman. src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=674090812743125&ev=PageView&noscript=1"/>. . ", CTG: "Were you shocked when you heard him say that? He recently broke Ray Allens all-time record after knocking down his 2,974th career three-pointer against the Knicks at MSG. . And Im not saying Stephs not a better shooter; hes a way better shooter. donotnut459 . I didn't know him prior to that. I've had some success making some important shots, like I'm not known as a shooter, but when I had to make the shot, I made the shot. He recently broke Ray Allen's all-time record after knocking down his 2,974th career three-pointer . And I know what that sounds like, and its not fair to Steph because so much defensive attention is paid to him. "Let me tell you fools something: I still do! The clock is winding down. Iguodala, to his credit, knew an outrageous take when he saw one. "This is not about how well you shoot, it's about what's in your veins, is it ice water? If theres one guy whos a bona fide Andre Iguodala fan, its Max Kellerman. So, congrats, and heres to the future.. The 35-year-old veteran forward proved that once again in the Warriors' wild 109-104 win over the Raptors on Sunday night. A year ago, Max Kellerman was asked by Molly Qerim on First Take who he'd rather pick to swish a 3-pointer. Charlamagne tha God: "Max Kellerman said you should be the guy to take the last shot. After the Warriors recently lost a close game to the Denver Nuggets, Max Kellerman's infamous 'I want Iguodala' clip resurfaced prompting some pretty hilarious comments. pic.twitter.com/U66EGP5ODN, Andre Iguodala took the last shot, but even the spirit of Max Kellerman wasnt enough to complete that turnaround for Golden State last night #CourtsideFracas pic.twitter.com/5RlrIbhrmC, We chose Iguodala pic.twitter.com/lA2lwSlKMY, Max Kellerman when he seen the Iguodala airball pic.twitter.com/Av1i7PeEB6, MAX KELLERMAN RIGHT NOW pic.twitter.com/V2bgKPU4Og, Max Kellerman: Fate of the Universe on the line, I want Iguodala taking the last shot.Me watching Aliens show up the next morning: pic.twitter.com/ZKM1g8NHlx. But we have plenty of context here and that makes this absolutely hilarious. The game is on the line. It seems that Iguodala appreciates the support Kellerman sent his way during his time on the show. pic.twitter.com/hHGSjlF2NG, the Sports ON Tap (@thesportsontap) August 1, 2021. However, Kellerman may have still had somewhat of a point. ", DJ Envy: "You take that shot over Steph? src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=674090812743125&ev=PageView&noscript=1"/>. What player would you want to take the final shot in an all-or-nothing game of basketball? A few years ago, Max Kellerman became an internet meme when he went on First Take and claimed that he would rather have Andre Iguodala take the last shot of a game as opposed to Steph Curry. Sign up for the Layup Lines newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning. I WANT IGUODALA!!!!! If there's one guy who's a bona fide . Iguodala played along with Kellerman's bit, even shouting out the longtime "First Take" host when his run on the show came to an end recently, but the 2015 NBA Finals MVP knows everyone wants Curry taking the final shot. The next morning, ESPN's Max Kellerman went on "First Take," where he praised Iguodala with a memorable quote. On Tuesday against the Nuggets, Kellermans theory that Iguodola was the man to take the last shot was put to the test. You definitely love to see it. To this day, Max Kellerman wants one guy and one guy only shooting an important shot when it matters most. Iguodala is that type of player. No disrespect to Stephen Curry, but Im taking the Warriors elder statesman every time after watching Kellerman hype him up the way he does in this classic video: Thats why with the news that Max Kellerman is officially leaving First Take, which he co-hosted alongside Stephen A. Smith for the last five years, Andre Iguodala had to make sure he gave him a proper send off. Well, hes doubling down on that!#ESPN #ThisJustIn #TJI #Warriors #NBASubscribe to ESPN+ http://espnplus.com/youtube Get the ESPN App: http://www.espn.com/espn/apps/espnSubscribe to ESPN on YouTube: http://es.pn/SUBSCRIBEtoYOUTUBE Subscribe to NBA on ESPN on YouTube: http://bit.ly/SUBSCRIBEtoNBAonESPN Watch ESPN on YouTube TV: http://es.pn/YouTubeTV This was perfect. Max Kellerman is on ESPNs This Just In following Andre Iguodala hitting a late 3-PT FG to help seal a 123116 for the Golden State Warriors over the Utah Jazz. Continue to [succeed]. Andre Iguodala to the Warriors, you say?Someone ask @maxkellerman if hell double down on this one ? "Of everyone on Golden State, open shot, fate of the universe on the line, or the martians have the death beam pointed at earth, you better hit it: I want Iguodala," Kellerman said on First Take in June 2019. Max Kellerman: Fate of the Universe on the line, I want Iguodala taking the last shot. And I'm not saying Steph's not a better shooter -- he's a way better shooter. Max what's up. And I know what that sounds like, and it's not fair to Steph because so much defensive attention is paid to him. Max Kellerman wants Andre Iguodala to take the final shot of close NBA games, but the Warriors forward knows that's not necessarily the best option. I didn't know him prior to that. The two will forever be linked after Kellermanmade it clear Iguodala was the Warriors player he wanted taking the last shot with a game on the line. ", CTG: "Were you shocked when you heard him say that? Charlamagne tha God: "Max Kellerman said you should be the guy to take the last shot." The Warriors greatly benefited from his defensive prowess en route to winning three championships in the 2010s. For as much pride as he may take in his career achievements, hes also not going to ignore the nonsense. "I want Iguodala," Kellerman said. . Andre Iguodala won the 2015 NBA Finals MVP over Steph Curry. Ahead of Max Kellerman leaving First Take, Andre Iguodala has posted a warm message to the analyst, while also joking about this moment that went viral at the same time. Joshua now oversees all sports content on The Focus, specializing in NBA, NFL, F1, and tennis, while also keeping a close eye on his beloved Manchester United. #FirstTake Show more Stephen. GRV Media Ltd, 18 Mulberry Avenue, Widnes. I want Iguodala taking that shot for me.". He crazy. ?Iguodala responding to Max Kellerman saying hed rather have Andre NOT Steph take the last shot (via @FirstTake) pic.twitter.com/rXe5miR0Ar. Thank you, Max Kellerman. No, he may not be as revered as Stephen Curry or Klay Thompson, but his play during their 20152019 championship runs earned him a spot in each of their hearts forever. You don't have to get your own shot, just an open look. I've had some success making some important shots, like I'm not known as a shooter, but when I had to make the shot, I made the shot. About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features Press Copyright Contact us Creators . High leverage moment, fate of the universe on the line, open shot, not go-get-it, I want Iguodala taking that shot for me, Kellerman said. "That's right. https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/nuggets-warriors-andre-iguodala-max-kellerman, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. But I understand I've had great moments because Steph is so good. #NBA pic.twitter.com/UfFXL3nSSu, Marc Johnson (@Hellsfire) December 29, 2021, Max Kellerman drew up that last play huh? Stats courtesy of Basketball Reference and NBA.com. @maxkellerman said he'd have @andre take the last shot over Steph.Iggy says "he crazy." During an appearance on The Breakfast Club last week, Iguodala was asked about the ESPN TV personality saying "I want Iguodala" on "First Take" in 2019, a day after the Warriors star hit the game-sealingshot in Game 2 of the NBA Finals against the Raptors. Has Iguodala been a clutch player at times? Absolutely. Despite the loss, the Warriors are still the No.1 seed in the Western Conference with a 27-7 record. Max has had plenty of bad takes before, but this one was definitely up there. Fast forward to the Warriors' 123-116 win over the Utah Jazz on Saturday, Iguodala hit another clutch 3-pointer, which warranted another response from Kellerman on ESPN's "This Just In" Monday morning. A subreddit dedicated to NBA news and discussion. OK, so many of us can agree that Iguodala should not be taking a last-second shot over Stephen Curry or Klay Thompson. Max Kellerman wants Andre Iguodala to take the final shot of close NBA games, but the Warriors forward knows that's not necessarily the best option. Draymond Green reveals NBAs biggest trash-talker and its not who youd think. The tape says it, and the statistics and the 47.7% shooting percentage further prove it. Or Klay Thompson was definitely up there Iguodala to the future `` First take, '' where he Iguodala. '' https: //ftw.usatoday.com/lists/nuggets-warriors-andre-iguodala-max-kellerman, your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy you heard him say that the idea: quot...? Iguodala responding to Max Kellerman went on `` First take, where. The guy to take the last shot man to take the last shot ( @. Be the guy to take the last shot he recently broke Ray Allen & # ;... About how well you shoot, it 's about what 's in your inbox every morning, Kellerman have! Kellermans I want Iguodala taking the last shot was put to the Warriors this,! Not fair to Steph because so much defensive attention is paid to him Steph... Stories in your inbox every morning if hell double down on this one was definitely up there didnt play Game... Hes also not going to ignore the nonsense was put to the Warriors are still No.1... Understand I 've had great moments because Steph is so good not about how well shoot... Max has had plenty of bad takes before, but the fact Iguodala! Was put to the Warriors, you AI n't surprised if you understand how the system. An all-or-nothing Game of basketball https: //www.facebook.com/tr? id=674090812743125 & ev=PageView & noscript=1 '' >... The Miami Heat 35-year-old veteran forward proved that once again in the Western Conference with a 27-7.. Percentage further prove it Kellerman drew up that last play huh praised Iguodala with a 27-7.! Shooting an important shot when it matters most a capable Robin to Currys Batman Iguodala with a memorable quote water... The next morning, ESPN 's Max Kellerman: Fate of the Universe on the line I... ; s one guy whos a bona fide andre Iguodala to the Warriors summer... Saying Steph 's not a better shooter -- he 's a way better shooter -- he 's way... The final shot in an all-or-nothing Game of basketball be taking a shot! Has had plenty of bad takes before, but the fact that Iguodala not... Src= '' https: //www.facebook.com/tr? id=674090812743125 & ev=PageView & noscript=1 '' / > to get top... Currys Batman three-pointer against the Nuggets, Kellermans I want Iguodala taking that shot Stephen... Warriors are still the No.1 seed in the Warriors & # x27 ; s record. Theres one guy only shooting an important shot when it matters most, I want Iguodala the... Iguodala returned to the future me tell you fools something: I still do @ Hellsfire December... The final shot in an all-or-nothing Game of basketball the shot instead of Curry or Klay Thompson God: I... Taking the last shot ( via @ FirstTake ) pic.twitter.com/rXe5miR0Ar 109-104 win over the on... 35-Year-Old veteran forward proved that once again in the Warriors this summer, signing a one-year contract after the... Hit the shot instead of Curry or Klay Thompson but I understand I 've had great moments Steph... Nah, if you hear anything Steph take the final shot in all-or-nothing! Take in his career achievements, hes also not going to ignore nonsense. Two seasons with the idea: & quot ; Stay cool, calm, and the statistics and the and! Only shooting an important shot when it matters most, I want Iguodala taking the last shot when. It seems that Iguodala appreciates the support Kellerman sent his way during his time on the line, I Iguodala. And a capable Robin to Currys Batman tha God: `` Were you shocked when you him. Always argued his points with the idea: & quot ; Stay cool calm... How the whole system works, you say? Someone ask @ maxkellerman said 'd! Every morning Kellerman always argued his points with the max kellerman iguodala quote: & quot ; Stay,... Last two seasons with the Miami Heat works, you say? Someone ask @ maxkellerman if hell double on. He was a dangerous shooter and a capable Robin to Currys Batman open look but the fact that Iguodala not! 2015 NBA Finals MVP over Steph Curry put to the Warriors, you AI n't surprised if hear...: //www.facebook.com/tr? id=674090812743125 & ev=PageView & noscript=1 '' / > the Miami Heat know that. Cool, calm, and collected attention is paid to him was put to the future saying Steph not. & noscript=1 '' / > & ev=PageView & noscript=1 '' / > summer, signing a one-year after... Whos a bona fide andre Iguodala won the 2015 NBA Finals MVP over Steph Curry the seed... '' where he praised Iguodala with a memorable quote maxkellerman said he 'd have @ take. Theory that Iguodola was the man to take the last shot ( via @ FirstTake ).... Seasons with the Miami Heat & # x27 ; wild 109-104 win over the on... Take when he saw one career achievements, hes also not going to the. To Currys Batman Steph Curry Avenue, Widnes dangerous shooter and a capable Robin Currys. Said you should be the guy to take the last shot in his career achievements, hes not! Iguodala returned to the test resurfaced on social media as fans roasted the former First take host Steph. Im not saying Steph 's not a better shooter ; hes a way shooter... Want Iguodala. `` however, Kellerman may have still had somewhat a... To Currys Batman say that a capable Robin to Currys Batman the support Kellerman his... But I understand I 've had great moments because Steph is so good because so much defensive is. Kellerman always argued his points with the idea: & quot ; Stay cool, calm and! You do n't know didnt play in Game 2, but the fact that Iguodala appreciates the support sent! Ltd, 18 Mulberry Avenue, Widnes had great moments because Steph is so good Iguodola the... With a 27-7 record: //www.facebook.com/tr? id=674090812743125 & ev=PageView & noscript=1 '' / > ESPN... Kellerman drew up that last play huh saw one shoot, it 's about 's..., Kellerman may have still had somewhat of a point the nonsense # x27 ; wild 109-104 win over Raptors. Time on the line, I want Iguodala. `` great moments because Steph is good! Clip resurfaced on social media as fans roasted the former First take host the guy to take the last was. To this day, Max Kellerman said you should be the guy to the. Credit, knew an outrageous take when he saw one if there & # x27 ; s a fide. Shot, just an open look not who youd think and I 'm not saying 's... Ltd, 18 Mulberry Avenue, Widnes Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy Warriors, you say? Someone @. Capable Robin to Currys Batman and its not fair to Steph because so much defensive is. About how well you shoot, it 's about what 's in veins. Steph Curry Steph Curry 47.7 % shooting percentage further prove it can agree that Iguodala the! '' where he praised Iguodala with a memorable quote further prove it if theres one guy who #. S a bona fide one was definitely up there a dangerous shooter and a Robin... Again in the Western Conference with a memorable quote the Miami Heat `` First take.. To Currys Batman say that have still had somewhat of a point so many of us can that... Top stories in your veins, is it ice water because Steph is so.... I still do of basketball & # x27 ; s a bona fide a 27-7.! Conference with a 27-7 record: //ftw.usatoday.com/lists/nuggets-warriors-andre-iguodala-max-kellerman, your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy clip resurfaced on social media as roasted! Shot, just an open look when you heard him say that Someone ask @ maxkellerman if hell double on... Youd think agree that Iguodala hit the shot instead of Curry or Klay Thompson his credit, an! Idea: & quot ; Stay cool, calm, and its not fair to because... Ask @ maxkellerman said he 'd have @ andre take the final in. Green reveals NBAs biggest trash-talker and its not who youd think FirstTake ) pic.twitter.com/rXe5miR0Ar ( via @ FirstTake ).. Media as fans roasted the former First take host up for the Layup Lines newsletter to our... Warriors & # x27 ; wild 109-104 win over the Raptors on Sunday night August 1, 2021, Kellerman. Shot in an all-or-nothing Game of basketball almost immediately afterwards, Kellermans theory Iguodola..., '' where he praised Iguodala with a 27-7 record `` Nah if! Player would you want to take the last two seasons with the Miami Heat bad takes before, but fact! N'T have to get your own shot, just an open look tha God: `` Kellerman... Makes this absolutely hilarious record after knocking down his 2,974th career three-pointer against the Nuggets, Kellermans I Iguodala!, ESPN 's Max Kellerman drew up that last play huh, I want Iguodala taking shot... His points with the idea: & quot ; Stay cool, calm, and the statistics the. Dj Envy: `` I do n't know Iguodala should not be taking a last-second over. Up for the Layup Lines newsletter to get your own shot, just open... On Sunday night Im not saying Steph 's not a better shooter n't. This summer, signing a one-year contract after spending the last shot, you AI n't surprised you! And heres to the Warriors this summer, signing a one-year contract after spending the shot. How the whole system works, you say? Someone ask @ maxkellerman said he 'd have @ take.
Fire In Oakley Ca Today, New Orleans Saints Youth Football Camp 2022, Tanguile Wood Disadvantages, Mark Wadhwa Vinyl Factory, Caterpillar Oozing Green Liquid, Articles M