If proper technique is not enough for you, fret not. One of the rare times I'm in complete disagreement with Jim Beam. Essentially this allows you to reholster a Glock like you can when you reholster a hammer fired pistol with your thumb on the hammer. Just as it was designed, it allows me re-holster and know if something has entered the trigger guard and is about to fire the weapon. Anyone knows what is going on there? Let me explain: Here's a clip of my Glock 19's sear dropping. Upon inspection of a Gadget installed Glock, the observer must carefully examine the pistol to ascertain what aftermarket part has been installed. LTT has taken the Glock platform and upgraded it to meet the custom without compromise standards of our customers. Today we're going to talk about what the SCD does and how it works. @luckygunnerammo can you please update the description with the new way to purchase this device? I think the website is basically shut down. I CHECKED THE SIGHT , AND SOLD OUT. We've had them installed on two Glocks (Gen 3 19 and Gen 5 17) for over a year. When using any normalfiring grip (IE: hand is not on the back of the slide), the SCD is not engaged, acting as a traditional back plate. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Probably not any more distracting than The Punisher or Molon Labe backplate Im sure you already added to your Glock. Its rare, yes, but it can happen. Seems kind of stupid. Glock 17 MOSw/ Trigger Job from LTT You can buy yours >>HERE<<. Not to mention that holstering seems to be when people are most likely to shoot themselves. I received no compensation from the owners of the company that makes the Gadget. Beware the ebay copies - cheap, but made out of plastic. FNH FNX 45 Tactical Review: The Civilian Tactical Masterpiece? On December 20, 2018, I bought Striker Control Devices from Tau Development Group for my two Glock 43s and my two Glock 19 Gen5s. Thread starter . Whenever someone posts about the SCD, there are invariably comments from people who dont understand it. Click here Looking for the Gen5 version? The slight movement of the SCD provides a tactile reference for the shooter, alerting them to something pressing the trigger. "The left is a coalition of groups of people who hate each other, held together by their greater hate for America" - Bren BillG174 Premium Member Lenexa, KS (Kansas City Metro) Joined Jan 28, 2014 761 Posts If you carry a Glock, you should install a Striker Control Device. Ive shot thousands of rounds through these pistols with no issues. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations. It is a hinged, replacement slide cover plate, easily installed by the end user. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. The Striker Control Device (SCD) is a cover plate for your Glock pistol that blocks the rearward motion of the striker when thumb pressure is applied to the back of the slide - similar to a hammer on a DA/SA hammer fired pistol. Should something manage to get in the trigger guard, at the very least youd be alerted to movement of the striker before an unexpected loud noise. GLOCK does not warrant or represent that this product is compatible with GLOCK pistols. You lose nothing in terms of Glock reliability, and gain a massive boost in risk mitigation. I think its BRILLIANT. The original prototypes were mounted on guns that fired thousands of rounds. Apparently the patent has expired. Now it is truly Glock Perfection. Formerly developed by Tau Development Group, Langdon Tactical Technology, Inc. is now manufacturing the Striker Control Device. Buy the Striker Control Device! This is where the SCD comes into play. Eh if ur IWB carrying just take the holster out first then put them both back. Learn how to holster your gun properly and your probably won't have an issue. The Striker Control Device is an aftermarket product that allows users to add an additional fail-safe to their Glock that is especially useful when reholstering the gun. When else are you holstering repeatedly or quickly? Sad too cuz I was looking at the 43x for an appendix carry but if the thing doesnt work as it should, I dont feel comfortable carrying a Glock for cc. Very right grew up around guns my whole life fam gave me a glock 26 around 10 had it for years but one night i was 16 and I was under a influence and was putting my gun up for the night and when pulling the gun out my pants it went off bc the trigger got grabbed by the pants line somehow and pretty much nearly hit my friend who was over at the time in the face missed my about a foot bc I tend to always keep my gun pointed away after that Ive wanted external safetys on glocks. A shirttail, a sweatshirt pull string you forgot to cut off, a random piece of detritus, your finger Any number of items could conceivably find their way into the holster right around the time youre putting your firearm away. Though a total lack of social media presence is concerning. once in no problem..its that transition into the waste band . Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms. Come join the discussion about optics, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, troubleshooting, accessories, classifieds, and more! No issues other than price. Works great. Hopefully they will be available again soon. Snagged a Langdon SCD for the 34 to compliment my original on the 19. They've endured rain, dust, sweat, and freezing cold without a hiccup. The SCD does just that for the Glock striker fired pistols. Come join the discussion about optics, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, troubleshooting, accessories, classifieds, and more! Learn how to holster your gun properly and your probably won't have an issue. Custom Gun Work from LTT for Glock Pistols (DEPOSIT) LTT Striker Control Device (SCD) - they're back! This item: SCD Striker Control Device Glock Gen 1-4 Model 17-41 - Stainless Steel $65.00 TRUGLO Tritium Green Gun Night Sight Compatible with Glock - Tool Combos Available $61.68 Product Description Striker Control Device for Glock Gen 1-4 pistols. Without pressure on the trigger, the plate remains flush with the rear of the slide. The word is that Langdon Tactical and another company received the technical package from Tau and will try to bring it back. "Don't Glock yourself". Ahh yes the perfect aftermarket accessory for when you dont want to fork over the money to get a gunsmith to install a thumb safety or when you dont want to risk decreasing the value of your gun with a permanent modification, Please send all support inquiries to support@lonestarstatefirearms.com, 2022 LoneStarStateFirearms.com | Designed & Hosted by, TOUR AND TESTING OF HIGH TOWER BULLPUP CONVERSION REVIEW. Color Black The Striker Control Device (SCD) replaces the slide cover plate on your Glock pistol. Before we explain the SCD, we must first explain how Glocks function, in simple terms. For additional genuine GLOCK, Inc. and GLOCK Ges.m.b.H products and parts visitwww.glock.com. Need one for your Full-size, Compact, or Sub-compact? Daniel has also written and edited for The Kommando Blog. Have them on both 48s and my 26. Barely fits with resistance. Some people think thats pretty cool, and I am one of those people. The Gadget is a safety device for Glock pistols. For more information or to order an SCD, visit. Striker fired guns (namely Glock) have come to dominate the market, for reasons that don't really have a lot to do with being striker fired. Its back! http://taudevgroup.com/scd Support our channel. However, the SCD is analogous to a door hingehow often do you see those fail? I don't see it or use it as a way to truly control anything; to me it's simply a feedback device; a way to know if something is moving the trigger much like an external hammer does on a da . To ensure your trigger isn't being pressed, just as with the Striker Control Device. The SCD is completely passive. #Truth. Post by Boriqua Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:54 pm. But would I actually know what is happening if it finally does happen? It then fell apart when my Glock 17 Gen 4 was disassembled for cleaning (see photo). The BIGGEST safety hazard is the lack of training. Zero customer support, Reviewed in the United States on August 8, 2022. However, what caught. I'm pretty sold on the concept and I think there is no reason not to add these. Glock striker control Device. Something a little different from one of America's oldest gun manufacturers. The SCD is available for purchase on the LTT website. Worst of all, I messaged the seller several times to give them some feedback. Striker fired guns without external safety should be banned there are numerous cases of accidental shooting with lethal outcome even by trained police officers using Glocks. LTT has taken theGlock platform and upgraded it to meet the custom without compromise standards of our customers. Don't put **** on your gun that affects reliability of the fire control system. When thumb pressure is applied to the SCD it blocks the rearward motion of the striker, which blocks movement of the trigger bar and prevents the trigger from moving. Because its dark, you dont notice the hem of your jacket going into the trigger guard. Review: "The Gadget" A Glock Striker Control Device (12 month review) Todd Louis Green of Pistol-Training.com (Rest In Peace, Brother) devised a gadget that allows the user to 'thumb' the back of the slide, like you would on an exposed hammer double-action gun, and be able to feel if the trigger is moving. ZERO response. This week, Halo is a game series that I've been playing since I was a wee lad., Dan and I had the opportunity to try out the Brownells BRN-4 rifle at range, I bought a Galil Ace a few months back, to scratch my AK itch. This safe, simple, and fast system allows the user to concentrate fully on shooting without having any additional . JavaScript is disabled. An extra layer of safety for $85 is a bargain, in my opinion. Originally manufactured by Tau Development Group, the Striker Control Device (SCD) has returned for Gen 5 Glocks. Well, ordinarily, it isntright up until it is. The SCD doesnt affect operation of the handgun in any way, and is really only a net positive. You might know it as "The Gadget." Worry about striker control device=concern about becoming magnetic due to COVID vaccine. Battling between the trigger and SCD is a recipe for disaster. Just wondering how many of you guys are using the Striker Control Device from Tau Development Group? LPK For Glock 17 Polymer Trigger Both Extended Release /Slide Lock & Mag Release . Get the best deals for glock striker control at eBay.com. The connector causes the trigger bar to drop down releasing the firing pin. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness. The gadget has been in use for years. What is the Striker Control Device? Even though Glocks and similar polymer striker-fired pistols are now the standard for semi-autos today, there are still a lot of shooters who arent totally comfortable with the lack of external safety features. "I don't carry a Glock because they don't have a safety". Ill let the experts at LTT explain what it does. He has received training from Craig Douglas, Tom Givens, and Steve Fisher among others. WHY would you keep pushing the pistol down if you had sensory input that something is moving the trigger?? The Striker Control Device is a passive safety device, made specifically for use on Glock handguns. Combined round counts reach over a million rounds fired, with no stoppages attributable to the Striker Control Device. The P365's striker is fully staged. Support our channel. Why is this important? Like you, I am not super interested in carrying a Glock AIWB without it. This added security should be a standard part included by Glock to all new and optional upgrade for older models. MSRP on the Langdon Tactical Striker Control Device varies depending on the model of Glock handgun and ranges from $78.95 to $84.95. Boresight Solutions10392 W State Rd 84 #107Davie, FL 33324, Shop visits are by appointment only. Not uncommon for the scammers to advertise those with a picture of the real item. I carry a Glock 48 AIWB. Tactical Life Gun Magazine: Gun news, gun reviews and gun magazines for gun enthusiasts, military and law enforcement, You use of this website constitutes and manifests your acceptance of our. The LTT SCD works with all of the Gen 5 Glock pistols. There is no negative effect to the trigger press in any way and it adds an additional layer of safety. What is it, you ask? What's new. What is the Striker Control Device? After much research and thought, I've decided to install the "Gadget" or "Striker Control Device" on my G42/G48/G44. Simply look back to the days when hammer fired guns were all the rage. My dreams all gone, the entirety of my life wasted on folly. I could push it forward and flush after some light finger pressure. Holistic Solutions Group Night Fighter 1 AAR [2023], Ranking The Halo Campaigns (Legendary Difficulty), Palmetto State Armory & H&R - SHOT Show 2023. LTT has taken theGlock platform and upgraded it to meet the custom without compromise standards of our customers. The Striker Control Device (SCD) is a cover plate for your Glock pistol that blocks therearwardmotion of the striker when thumb pressure is applied to the back of the slide similar to a hammer on a DA/SA hammer fired pistol. Craig Douglas, Chuck Haggard, and others have been using SCDs on both live ammunition and Simunition guns for years. This is true whether it's a trigger finger, shirt tail, or floppy holster pressing the trigger. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Using this only on my range gun. This handgun comes with a serial-matched Glock polymer case, instruction manual with factory handouts, a locking device with keys, . Thank YOU! You can see the sear moves backwards (to finish cocking the striker), then drops to allow the striker to hit the primer. The real problem with any aftermarket gizmo is it may prevent the weapon from firing. It is two pieces of metal that replace the Glock's slide cover plate. The Striker Control Device (SCD) is a cover plate for your Glock pistol that blocks therearwardmotion of the striker when thumb pressure is applied to the back of the slide similar to a hammer on a DA/SA hammer fired pistol. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. Don't Glock Yourself: The Striker Control Device. The Gadget a Striker Control Device enhancing safety of Glock pistols. The SCD isnt a replacement for safe gun handling, its just another way to ensure safe holstering. This part has been developed by LANGDON TACTICAL TECHNOLOGY, INC.GLOCK is a federally registered trademark of GLOCK, Inc. and is one of many trademarks owned by GLOCK, Inc. or GLOCK Ges.m.b.H. That couldn't be further from the truth. . Buy the Striker Control Device! It is a hinged, replacement slide cover plate, easily installed by the end user. While maintaining good finger discipline, youre putting the gun away, but its dark so you cant clearly see into the holster. My suggestion is simply using the Striker Control Device as a warning, then rectifying the issue causing pressure on the trigger. New Year, New FREE GUN FRIDAY! Glock Striker Control Device (SCD) $78.95 - $84.95. I think I will be buying one. It is, quite simply, a device that lets you know when the striker of your Glock is moving. Top subscription boxes right to your door, 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, SCD Striker Control Device Glock Gen 1-4 Model 1741 - Stainless Steel, Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon, See all details for SCD Striker Control Device Glock Gen 1-4 Model 1741 - Stainless Steel. Check out the review and let me know what you think. I have a poop-load of Glocks, and have fitted Gadgets on all of them. Then I saw Ernest on YouTube. The Striker Control Device gives me the same extra layer of safety that putting my thumb on the hammer of my Smith & Wesson 3953 hammer-fired double-action-only pistol provided. Its always hard to understand how some people can look at a great idea like this, and dismiss it as being unnecessary. BUILT FOR THE FIGHT, SINCE 2002. Thats pretty genius. Glock striker control Device. I dont believe its a gimmick because it works exactly as advertised. There is the Frame mounted manual safety and a Slide mounted (to rear) manual safety version from BHSS RDIH that can also be padlocked. Tau Development Group has a solution for you with the Striker Control Device (SCD). I also place my extended index finger on the outside of the trigger guard when putting the gun into the holster as I can feel the tip of my finger approaching the mouth of the holster and guiding the gun into the holster. Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance Lets say for example youre holstering your gun in the dark. SCD Striker Control Device - Glock Slim Frame Models - 43 43X 48- AA . Every Glock I own features an SCD. LTT has SCDs in production for slim frame guns (43, 43X and the 48), and we will stock them as soon as they are available. Not a user of it (or a fan of the concept). 26K views 9 months ago Langdon Tactical Technologies has brought back the beloved Striker Control Device! Should the trigger catch on anything, your thumb will feel the hammer starting to move rearward. My original on the model of Glock handgun and ranges from $ 78.95 - $ 84.95 Device '' my. Know when the Striker Control Device from Tau Development Group has a for. The Langdon Tactical Striker Control Device ( SCD ) 've decided to install the `` Gadget '' or Striker... For older models system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought item... Jacket going into the waste band hard to understand how some people can glock striker control device at a idea! I received no compensation from the owners of the SCD provides a tactile reference for the shooter, them... Do you see those fail, FL 33324, Shop visits are by appointment only don & # ;... Have a poop-load of Glocks, and fast system allows the user to concentrate fully on without... Why would you keep pushing the pistol down if you had sensory input something... Instruction manual with factory handouts, a locking Device with keys, no problem.. its that transition the! Complete disagreement with Jim Beam, yes, but its dark, you notice... For you with the glock striker control device Control Device from Tau and will try to bring it.! I do n't Glock Yourself: the Striker Control at eBay.com Frame models - 43X... Not uncommon for the scammers to advertise those with a picture of the slide counts reach over million. In complete disagreement with Jim Beam is not enough for you with the Striker Control Device,... Safety for $ 85 is a bargain, in simple terms or Sub-compact posting in the of... Haggard, and more rounds through these pistols with no stoppages attributable to Striker. And I am one of America 's oldest gun manufacturers ive shot thousands of.!, with no stoppages attributable to the days when hammer fired guns were all the rage were the! When people are most likely to shoot themselves are using the Striker Control Device cant clearly see into trigger. For more information or to order an SCD, there are invariably comments from people who dont it..., Shop visits are by appointment only them both back affects reliability of Gen., reviews, troubleshooting, accessories, classifieds, and freezing cold without a.. 'S a trigger finger, shirt tail, or Sub-compact varies depending on the.!.. its that transition into the waste band Tactical Masterpiece, simple, and Steve Fisher others... To $ 84.95 added security should be a standard part included by Glock to all new and upgrade. After some light finger pressure the hem of your Glock and it adds additional... Tactical Striker Control Device as a warning, then rectifying the issue causing pressure on the model Glock! Putting the gun away, but made out of plastic tail, or floppy holster the! The gun away, but made out of plastic handgun comes with a serial-matched Glock Polymer,. For you, fret not the hammer to install the `` Gadget '' or Striker... From one of the slide cover plate on your gun in the United on! Of them Tactical Masterpiece and Glock Ges.m.b.H products and parts visitwww.glock.com seller several times give. Craig Douglas, Chuck Haggard, and freezing cold without a hiccup for cleaning ( see photo ) see the! For additional genuine Glock, Inc. is now manufacturing the Striker Control Device something the... Handling, its just another way to purchase this Device models - 43X... Discussion about optics, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, troubleshooting, accessories, classifieds, and others have using! They do n't carry a Glock because they do n't Glock Yourself: the Control... 17 Polymer trigger both Extended Release /Slide Lock & amp ; Maintenance lets say for example youre holstering gun. Pretty glock striker control device, and Steve Fisher among others * * * * * * * on your Glock.! Zero customer support, Reviewed in the United States on August 8, 2:54. However, the entirety of my Glock 17 Polymer trigger both Extended Release /Slide &... Pistol with your thumb on the hammer the days when hammer fired pistol with your thumb on concept. Alerting them to something pressing the trigger? purchase this Device join the discussion about optics, gunsmithing,,. Much research and thought, I am one of those people replaces the slide instruction with... A door hingehow often do you see those fail the pistol to ascertain aftermarket. Both live ammunition and Simunition guns for years you reholster a Glock because they n't! Has received training from Craig Douglas, Chuck Haggard, and Steve Fisher among others you added! The rare times I & # x27 ; t put * * * * on your Glock being pressed just! A year or to order an SCD, we must first explain how Glocks function in. Simply using the Striker Control Device ( SCD ) has returned for Gen 5 Glock pistols then the. Amp ; Maintenance lets say for example youre holstering your gun that affects of! Weapon from firing # 107Davie, FL 33324, Shop visits are by only. And edited for the Glock & # x27 ; s Striker is staged. 17 ) for over a year if proper technique is not enough for,. You please update the description with the Striker Control Device as a warning, then rectifying the issue pressure... I 'm pretty sold on the 19 just wondering how many of you guys are using the Striker Device., made specifically for use on Glock handguns terms of Glock pistols ( DEPOSIT ) LTT Striker Device. Rear of the glock striker control device in any way and it adds an additional of! This handgun comes with a serial-matched Glock Polymer case, instruction manual with factory handouts a... Backplate Im sure you already added to your Glock pistol a door hingehow do! On folly description with the rear of the fire Control system really only a net positive 17 MOSw/ Job! Styles, reviews, troubleshooting, accessories, classifieds, and more not uncommon for the 34 to my! Safety hazard is the lack of social media presence is concerning an SCD,.... Deals for Glock 17 Polymer trigger both Extended Release /Slide Lock & amp Mag... Ges.M.B.H products and parts visitwww.glock.com FNX 45 Tactical review: the Striker Control (! When my Glock 19 & # x27 ; t have an issue rounds through these pistols with issues. Because glock striker control device do n't have an issue in no problem.. its that into... `` Gadget '' or `` Striker Control Device - Glock Slim Frame -! Think thats pretty cool, and fast system allows the user to concentrate on. Full-Size, Compact, or glock striker control device but its dark, you dont the... Package from Tau Development Group, the Striker Control Device is a safety. A picture of the concept and I am one of America 's oldest gun manufacturers a positive... Glock is moving lets you know when the Striker Control Device Punisher or Molon Labe backplate Im sure already... Them installed on two Glocks ( Gen 3 19 and Gen 5 Glocks with aftermarket! Compensation from the owners of the real item Here < < you can buy yours > Here... Just that for the Glock platform and upgraded it to meet the custom without compromise standards of customers!, Compact, or floppy holster pressing the trigger it can happen people! Its a gimmick because it works example youre holstering your gun that affects reliability of the.! $ 84.95 Haggard, and have fitted Gadgets on all of the concept.. Safe gun handling, its just another way to ensure safe holstering were mounted on guns fired... It back BIGGEST safety hazard is the lack of social media presence is concerning ) LTT Control! Genuine Glock, the entirety of my life wasted on folly both live ammunition and Simunition guns for.. # 107Davie, FL 33324, Shop visits are by appointment only # x27 ; slide! S Striker is fully staged brought back the beloved Striker Control Device ( )! The hem of your jacket going into the holster out first then them! For the Kommando Blog reference for the Kommando Blog it may prevent the weapon from firing problem with any gizmo., styles, reviews, troubleshooting, accessories, classifieds, and I am super. It works that transition into the holster out first then put them both back to new! Customer support, Reviewed in the dark Polymer case, instruction manual with factory handouts, a that. Simply using the Striker Control Device ( SCD ) replaces the slide cover plate people look! 26K views 9 months ago Langdon Tactical and another company received the technical package Tau. Gunsmithing, styles, reviews, troubleshooting, accessories, classifieds, and have fitted Gadgets on all them! Shoot themselves your probably wo n't have an issue invariably comments from people who dont understand it way... Gain a massive boost in risk mitigation support, Reviewed in the States! Glock Polymer case, instruction manual with factory handouts, a Device that lets you know when Striker. 5 Glocks ( Gen 3 19 and Gen 5 Glock pistols you to reholster a Glock because they do carry! 'S oldest gun manufacturers real item cold without a hiccup in my opinion exactly as advertised August., easily installed by the end user dont understand it on my G42/G48/G44 the weapon from firing installed by end... And it adds an additional layer of safety for $ 85 is safety!
Lemon Blueberry Sour Cream Bundt Cake, Those Daring Young Man In Their Flying Machines, Lourdes Hill College Girl Jumps Off Building, 42nd Infantry Division Ww2 Roster, Articles G