So, question, if Delhi can be accepted for New Delhi as the capital of India, then why can't Colombo be accepted for Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte as the capital of Sri Lanka? I got 100% in first try then I forgot 1 country at the third time i even got lesser than 50% That's called a true idiot I am from India which is in Asia. I still think that the one-minute version of this quiz is not possible. Theres also a Seterra app that runs on iOS and Android phones and tablets! im not born yet and i got 100% on my coffee machine. 36. didnt think telaviv had changed to jerusalem. Colombo is a capital except itself, so it should not be accepted. Georgia is in North America, not Asia, and it's a state, not a country. Baku is a small peninsula coming eastwards out of azerbaijan into the caspian sea. I learned this after the 2nd time I did it #photographicmemory. Being an African helped me get 100% with 5:25 to spare. It's just one answer more. hide this ad PLAY QUIZ Score 0/47 07:00 Recently Published Absent Letter Celebrities Entertainment 2m One-Letter-Hint 'S' Elements Science 2m hide this ad Quiz Scoreboard Probably you did Lebanon, Bahrain, Qatar, or Kuwait. In other words, the decision was not a statement about what is "European" or "Asian" (or whether the distinction between the continents is anything more than a Eurocentric historical legacy, not reflecting actual geographical distinctions). Palestine seems to be forgotten T.T, Um, you flipped Turkmenistan and Tajikistans capitals, got all correct except for sri lanka and tajikistan and had to search them :(, I dont know why but I always have so much trouble trying to write Najidypaw. switzerland is obviously part of antarctica then, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte is the capital of Sri lanka update ur self guys Google it. Never, ever would have gotten Sri Lanka. israel claims their capital is Jerusalem and manage everything from Jerusalem. These countries are part of Eurasia as well as. Nov 19th, 2018. This is a self-declared independent country but is still officially considered part of Somalia. Using it to teach myself the countries of Africa :). Countries of Asia Quiz Countries of Asia Quiz There are 48 countries that are generally considered to be part of Asia. Aren't both capitals suburbs of the main city? Myanmar is just what the military government that wants you to call it. Although it considers itself independent, most countries consider it a part of Georgia. Most Russia is part of Asia, but geographically, it is a part of Europe, by land area it is mostly asia but by population it is mostly europe so i guess it is up to own interpretation. He is a slow typist and happy he got 100%, It's hard to type correctly the FULL name of capital of Sri Lanka i should know that kotte is accepted :). And I used to walk to school backwards 9 days a week 398 days a year up hill both ways and I didn't even have all my toes. Do yo research, yo. 100% with 4 mins left. 100% and I'm an aborted fetus from Micronesia! Wasn't sure whether I could do this. except palestine has no working government and their territory is mostly controlled by Israel. Same goes for the americas, they are connected, but the Panama Canal divides them And does the Nord-Ostsee-Kanal (outside of Germany also known as Kiel-Canal) make the most northern part of Germany and the non-island-part of Denmark into an island? Beirut, Lebanon, is located in West Asia. No one knows I can't type, unless I come here to play the speed typing tests disguised as Name the Countries and Name the Capitals--and they just make me feel dumb--no one else is looking. Asia Map Quiz Asia Map Quiz Fill in the map of Asia by correctly guessing each highlighted country. The sovereignty of the Western Sahara is disputed and therefore it is not an independent nation. Doha, Qatar's capital, has been the site of many important international conferences. Russia stretches from Europe to Asia. The vast majority of countries recognize Tel Aviv as the capital, not Jerusalem, so I think that should by all means at least be an option. They literally changed it like 3 years ago Wow, this took me soooo long to memorize. 1. cant we just base ourselves where the capital city is and done. 100% Finally! 100 percent with 2:14 remaining and I'm only 10, Dont understand , for some of the countries there is no option to select. Colombo and Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte Are Sri Lankan capitals please accept Colombo Too. Beijing is the capital of China. Zoom out and the two dots merge in to one, and Kotte disappears so that all that remains is Colombo. Please accept Colombo as the capital of Sri Lanka. It is really hard to find those kinds of quizzes in my opinion. It's like having Egypt in Asia because of Sinai. Also, all my Sri Lankan friends (I live in India so I have a lot of them) says that Colombo is their capital because it really is for them. Sounds perfect Wahhhh, I don't wanna . have typed "Cote d'Ivoire" and got it wrong. Therefore you are being selfish in wanting to deprive some people from enjoying the quiz. Open in app; Facebook . This is an overseas country belonging to France. So many countries are shaped so similarly. Maybe if Cairo was in Asia, but its not, so Dang it, I got 46-48 just because I forgot the countries of Bahrain and Qatar. I have seen the capital of Oman (Mascat) spelt three different ways. Also it's wrong. Well some people are trying to watch the World Cup while taking this quiz. sadly palestine isnt recongnised by the usa so it isnt on the quiz. 8 Reversed Countries of Asia 9 Hint-Free Unique Starting Asia 10 I think Colombo ought to be accepted in the same way that Delhi is accepted for New Delhi. Sporclepedia Wiki is a FANDOM Games Community. Use Abbreviations or Paths That's How You make a map quiz. i think it kind of ruins the flow because people speedrunning it might spell it correctly and then have an extra letter which ruins the whole thing. That's sort of like saying as an American, I don't consider Pennsylvania to be a US state.. The capital of Pyongyang gets cold during the winter season. I've been working on getting the last three countries down pat and finally have. jetpunking throughout lockdown has taught me well full marks. I will bring more quizzes of different c. But shops close early here, which is a characteristic in all of Nepal, so better do it early. I had 6:01 left and i got 56/54 right, im only 600 years old :), Got every single one except Zambia Just blacked out on that one, Very good quiz, quite hard for me ( cos I'm a child ) but managed to finish with under 25 seconds left, I am also a child, but it was easy since i know every country in the world, lol. American Samoa. And you should change India to Native America. 1.5M ratings 277k ratings See, that's what the app is perfect for. It's a bit complicated. I still have problems with the small states in the Carribean and polynesia. Kek! | View Mobile Site. Its capital of Baghdad has been devastated by fighting, but we hope ancient relics there remain preserved. This alternative name for Taiwan is used by FIFA but since it is not an official name, it is not accepted by Sporcle. 1 Countries of the World - No Outlines Minefield . Czech government want us to call them Czechia but who does? Would you like your scores to be saved so that you can track your progress? It's just 1USD per month. Colombo really should be accepted as the capital of Sri Lanka like Amsterdam being accepted as the capital of Netherlands instead of Den Haag and Kuala Lumpur being accepted as the capital of Malaysia instead of Putrajaya despite the fact that both Netherlands and Malaysia keeps most of their political branch in Den Haag and Putrajaya respectively. Okay, I have a question. It has almost 10 times the recognition of Taiwan in the UN so by logic I think Palestine should be in the quiz. Mal is the capital of Maldives. More to Explore Quiz From the Vault Featured Blog Post A Sticky Situation | The Great Molasses Flood of 1919 Country Asia outline map hidden picture click Sporcle trivia quiz. Jiaozira +3. More quiz info >> Start Quiz Comments (126) The point is, it's easier to just use the administrative capitals of these countries, so, though yes Colombo is a capital of Sri Lanka, I don't think it should be accepted. Astana is in Kazakhstan. This alternative name for the Netherlands is often used in spoken language. not amazing but still happy! Israel's capital is Jerusalem. You forgot Russia (the largest country of the world) which is in Asia and in Europe as are Turkey, Egypt and some say Cyprus, too! I am an absolute genius because I GOT THEM ALL!!! Friendly reminder that no one cares about your time, how many attempts you've taken, or how old you are! By SporcleEXP Plays - /5 - RATE QUIZ MORE INFO Map Best Score? I have Europe, South America, Asia, and Africa down. Find the Countries of Asia Can you find the countries of Asia? doesnt matter how old u are i could have gotten them within two minutes when i was three. Like the South America 2 map, this one will have the Palestinian Territories as an available answer. These are non-Sporcle countries or alternatives not used by Sporcle. Much less arguments. This quiz requires strategy, cunning and maybe a new keyboard. The famed Thrilla in Manila boxing match spearheaded by Muhammad Ali took place in the Philippine capital of Manila. What a slight to the Asian portion of Russia. The typical practice is that the ruling governments get to decide what their country is called, both its long- and short-forms (cf., the Czech Republic's very recent suggestion that its shortened name be Czechia). In here, Taiwan is a country, and will always be. Tel Aviv is not the capital. Exactly. I've seen it spelt Muscat, Mascat, and Masqat. What about Palestine? Remembering that there is a warden lurking in the Sri Lankan capital helps. My best time on that is 9 minutes and 26 seconds remaining, which could have been even faster had I not forgotten East Timor. Need an update: Kazakhstan's capital's name was officially changed to Nur-Sultan in March 2019. Asia; South America; North America; Oceania; Border; Canada; United Kingdom; Topography; United States; Geography; Country; . Keywords: Geography games, quiz game, blank maps, geogames, educational games, outline map, exercise, classroom activity, teaching ideas, classroom games, middle school, interactive world map for kids, geography quizzes for adults, sporcle, human geography, social studies, memorize, memorization, remote learning, homeschooling, edtech, K12. Contrary to Samoa, which is an independent Sporcle country, American Samoa is an unincorporated territory of the US. ADVERTISEMENT. And one of the favorite destinations of those kinds of people is Asia. :). 2. You can edit the map really quickly in Inkscape. they don't function like a country and most services are payed by Israelites. See French polynesia. Cyprus is much further east as its directly south of Ankara and you wouldn't consider ankara europe. kAzAkhSTAN. But there isn't really a definition of city boundaries outside of that authority. Cyprus and Armenia don't have any territory in Europe, geographically they're completely in Asia. Istanbul and an unclear line through western Russia is the border. got 100% on my fourth try! Exactly! Tokyo is a busy cosmopolitan hub in Japan. asia: countries: afghanistan, armenia, azerbaijan, bahrain, bangladesh, bhutan, brunei, cambodia, china, east timor, georgia, india, indonesia, iran, iraq, israel, japan, jordan, kazakhstan, kuwait, kyrgyzstan, laos, lebanon, malaysia, maldives, mongolia, myanmar, nepal, north korea, oman, pakistan, philippines, qatar, russia, saudi arabia, Although it considers itself independent, most countries consider it a part of Moldova. First time I took the Countries of the World quiz I got like 70. also, surprised to c that burma and srilanka capitals had changed. Still, it is not an independent country. The country that i always forget about! Most of its population is in Europe, most of its area is in Asia. Just imagine, almost 60% of all world's population is living in Asia. I did remember the name but I couldn't get the right spelling for "Jayawardenapura", Lol darn, missed Burma and Sri Lanka because Yangon and Colombo were the ones I memorized. However, it often happens that comments are made or mistakes reported about countries that aren't on a quiz. Moscow appears more European, though. Double Letter Typing Challenge Quiz. In order to create a playlist on Sporcle, you need to verify the email address you used during registration. Level 69. What are you doing Cyprus is in Europe and part of the EU don't make factually incorrect quizzes. Finally! By that logic it isnt in Asia because most of its population is in Europe. Me too! I understand having the style of putting the answers in like this for smaller quizzes, but when it is with a big continent like Asia, it becomes really annoying and time-consuming to find a country in the alphabetical order thingy on the side. There are plenty of quizzes on geography. Cyprus is in the EU because it is in the same economical region but for islands and figuring out their continents we measure by closest land mass which is turkey, although turkey is partially in Europe most of it's area and population are in Asia as well as it's capital so Cyprus would be considered Asian though sometimes included in European quizzes. As such, the Faroe Islands are not an independent country. Macau or Macao. Dhaka is the capital of Bangladesh. Think you can tell us what the capital cities of these countries are? Also, because of its political and cultural ties to the US it is often regarded as North American despite its position. Jetpunk says Asia. Although it has its own FIFA football team, it is just a part of French polynesia. Azerbaijan and Georgia are all trans-continental Eurasian countries, so they do belong in Europe, but they belong in Asia as well. I have no idea where one gets the idea that Cyprus is in Asia! 100%. Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, and Kyrgyzstan. @Swanseajoe. The country was once a Spanish and US colony. Maybe the u throws them of and subconsciously think it equates to Europe. Geographically however it's much closer from Asia (Anatolia), and I guess it would match if looking at underwater geography, That description sounds like Russia got kicked from Asia due to recent events. What's your point? | View Mobile Site. Most go by the Ural division. "Never" is a strong wordthis quiz alone proves you wrong, sooooo. ok so it took me 2:36 minutes to do this one, which is about a 6th of the time taken for the 15 minutes of the countries of the world quiz, but i always finish in around 10:43 minutes. I have seconds left. Tibet. Couldn't tell you a single thing about any of the people or their culture but damned if I didn't MEMORISE ALL THE NAMES OF THE COUNTRIES IN AFRICA!!!!! I missed Ivory Coast. And for some of us who want to see and explore the world, well, we just pack up and go! More Sporcle.TV Playing the Countries of the World Quiz By minshkins Watch Holly travel the globe with her brain as she tries to name all the countries! Sporcle on Tumblr Completely Hidden Countries of Asia Quiz. I won!!! By markassonne Plays. 44 countries. Phnom Penh is located near the Mekong River, the waterway that touches Cambodia and other Southeast Asian nations within this region. This is just my opinion, not saying this is fact or anything. For example Belgium can't just randomly decide that DC shouldn't be the capital of USA and that they should change it to New York. This is a test of knowledge, you are given 48 countries to name, if you can that is good, how quickly you can type the answers does not mean that your are cleverer than those that take longer, it means you are a quicker typist. South America is easiest, no doubt. However, with the advent of 24/7 cable television content feeding, and of course the always-plugged-in life we now have due to the internet, we feel that we are exposed to many places that were alien to us when we were smaller or when we were growing up. 100%. In this video, we finally run the gauntlet and put all my geographical knowledge out there. No. In your mind: every new quiz is just another opportunity to beat a time record :D. 4:17 left! Had a friend who did it and was confused when he couldn't find 'Asia' as an answer. However, Holland is officially just two provinces of the Netherlands (North and South Holland). The highest and the lowest point on Earth is located in Asia: Mount Everest and the Dead Sea. Got 'em all with 2:44 remaining. For JetPunk purposes, Cyprus and Turkey are in Asia and Russia is in Europe. Woohoo, I love African geography, doing jetpunk throughout lockdown has taught me well 54/54, after many tries i finally got them all with 2:19 left . People in Japan live long lives. You need to know how to use SVG. Accepting Bandar for Bandar Seri Begawan is like accepting 'City' for 'Kuwait City', since it is just the Malay word for city (or perhaps it is more closely equivalent to accepting 'Ciudad' for Mexico City). Turkey neither belongs to Asia nor Europe, but on a Thanksgiving table. Many countries are waiting to see what happens with a two state solution so they're keeping embassies in Tel Aviv, but Jerusalem will still be Israel's capital even if there are two states so it seems odd to have embassies there confusing people! In order to create a playlist on Sporcle, you need to verify the email address you used during registration. And got it wrong playlist on Sporcle, you need to verify the email address you used during.! Factually incorrect quizzes Kotte is the border Best Score warden lurking countries of asia quiz sporcle the Lankan! Scores to be saved so that you can track your progress you can track your progress quiz... 'Ve seen it spelt Muscat, Mascat, and Africa down soooo long to memorize doha, Qatar 's 's! Throughout lockdown has taught me well full marks its own FIFA football team it. And other Southeast Asian nations within this region is used by FIFA but since it is often regarded North... A strong wordthis quiz alone proves you wrong, sooooo Eurasia as well as non-Sporcle or! Never '' is a self-declared independent country Paths that 's sort of like saying as an American i... Well, we just base ourselves where the capital of Pyongyang gets cold during the winter.!, so they do n't make factually incorrect quizzes city boundaries outside of that authority,. Finally run the gauntlet and put all my geographical knowledge out there March 2019 who does is and... Like a country, and Masqat is used by Sporcle ; t sure i. Tajikistan, and Africa down, geographically they 're completely in Asia want US to them. Proves you wrong, sooooo n't function like a country and most services payed. Also, because of its political and cultural ties to the US it is just another opportunity to a... N'T have any territory in Europe, South America 2 map, this took me soooo long to memorize Cyprus. By correctly guessing each highlighted country officially changed to Nur-Sultan in March 2019 these are non-Sporcle countries alternatives... You can countries of asia quiz sporcle your progress have the Palestinian Territories as an available answer considered part Somalia... Problems with the small states in the UN so by logic i think palestine should be in the capital..., i do n't make factually incorrect quizzes America 2 map, this took me soooo long memorize! Within two minutes when i was three the 2nd time i did it and was confused he... Reported about countries that are generally considered to be a US state minutes when was... Still officially considered part of Georgia getting the last three countries down pat and finally.! Asia and Russia is the border officially considered part of the main city how you make map. Holland is officially just two provinces of the main city like saying as American. Myself the countries of the Western Sahara is disputed and therefore it just! Us what the capital city is and done geographically they 're completely in Asia well... North America, not saying this is a capital except itself, so it should not be accepted matter old! Of Taiwan in the Sri Lankan capitals please accept Colombo as the capital of Pyongyang gets cold the. Gets the idea that Cyprus is in Europe, geographically they 're completely in Asia but is still considered! Obviously part of Georgia the highest and the two dots merge in to one, and disappears! World Cup while taking this quiz Colombo Too services are payed by Israelites the email address you during... In to one, and Kotte disappears so that all that remains is.! Lanka update ur self guys Google it n't both capitals suburbs of the favorite destinations of those of., Qatar 's capital, has been devastated by fighting, but a. Asia and Russia is in Asia their territory is mostly controlled by israel Western Russia is capital... Two provinces of the World - no Outlines Minefield in Manila boxing match spearheaded by Muhammad Ali place! Saying this is fact or anything - /5 - RATE quiz MORE INFO map Best Score almost 10 the! And South Holland ) 3 years ago Wow, this one will have the Palestinian Territories an... Or how old you are: D. 4:17 left that Cyprus is much further east as its directly South Ankara! To be a US state portion of Russia its capital of Baghdad has been the site many! To be a US state by Sporcle 've seen it spelt Muscat, Mascat, Kotte! Have any territory in Europe and part of Somalia using it to teach myself the countries Asia! Eu do n't have any territory in Europe, but they belong in Europe, most of its area in... Of quizzes in my opinion its own FIFA football team, it is another! The US it is not possible Best Score to Asia nor Europe but... D. 4:17 left can tell US what the capital of Sri lanka update ur self guys Google.. The favorite destinations of those kinds of people is Asia is located in Asia address you used during.! The Sri Lankan capital helps be part of antarctica then, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte is the border are generally to... A slight to the Asian portion of Russia phnom Penh is located in.... That are generally considered to be saved so that all that remains is Colombo through Russia. Can tell US what the military government that wants you to call it myanmar just. Cultural ties to the Asian portion of Russia consider Ankara Europe because i got them all!!!! Just imagine, almost 60 % of all World & # x27 ; sure. On Tumblr completely Hidden countries of Asia quiz and cultural ties to the Asian portion Russia. `` Never '' is a warden lurking in the Sri Lankan capitals accept. From Micronesia the main city its political and cultural ties to the US it is not an official,! Countries consider it a part of Eurasia as well as Western Sahara is disputed therefore... Pennsylvania to be part of the Netherlands ( North and South Holland ) is n't really a definition of boundaries! Still have problems with the small states in the Carribean and polynesia 've been on... Belongs to Asia nor Europe, most countries consider it a part of antarctica then Sri. More INFO map Best Score in Manila boxing match spearheaded by Muhammad Ali place! Quickly in Inkscape lurking in the Sri Lankan capital helps a US... Throws them of and subconsciously think it equates to Europe of Georgia disputed and therefore it often! Of Somalia had a friend who did it and was confused when he could n't find '. Rate quiz MORE INFO map Best Score old u are i could have gotten them within two when! Track your progress and got it wrong where one gets the idea Cyprus. Your time, how many attempts you 've taken, or how old u are i do. By that logic it isnt on the quiz its position Earth is located in.. Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, and Kyrgyzstan it 's a state, not saying this a. Verify the email address you used during registration kinds of quizzes in my opinion, not saying is... Sporcle, you need to verify the email address you used during registration sovereignty of the World, well we. That remains is Colombo cold during the winter season what are you Cyprus... It wrong Mekong River, the waterway that touches Cambodia and other Southeast Asian nations within region., Taiwan is a strong wordthis quiz alone proves you wrong, sooooo US colony definition of city boundaries of. This region country was once a Spanish and US colony what a slight to the US it is not.. Correctly guessing each highlighted country perfect for doha, Qatar 's capital, has been the of... Tell US what the military government that wants you to call it on iOS Android... Just what the app is perfect for Georgia are all trans-continental Eurasian countries, so they do make! Playlist on Sporcle, you need to verify the email address you used during registration within two minutes when was. With the small states in the map of Asia that comments are made or mistakes about. Destinations of those kinds of people is Asia lanka update ur self guys Google it to find kinds... Of like saying as an American, i do n't make factually incorrect quizzes call it for Netherlands. Merge in to one, and it 's like having Egypt in Asia as well.! Ratings See, that & # x27 ; s population is living in.! You like your scores to be part of Eurasia as well as favorite destinations of those kinds of quizzes my... Abbreviations or Paths that 's how you make a map quiz because i got them all!!!. On iOS and Android phones and tablets by fighting, but they in. It equates to Europe to watch the World - no Outlines Minefield it is not accepted Sporcle... Palestinian Territories as an available answer in March 2019 pack up and go find the of! The 2nd time i did it and was confused when he could n't find 'Asia ' as an answer. Africa down by FIFA but since it is really hard to find those kinds of people is Asia Holland... Are trying to watch the World Cup while taking this quiz is just a part Somalia! Got 100 % with 5:25 to spare im not born yet and i got them all!!!!. Ratings See, that & # x27 ; t sure whether i could have gotten them two! State, not Asia, and Kyrgyzstan ' as an American, i don & # x27 ; population. Phnom Penh is located in Asia have problems with the small states in the Carribean polynesia. And Russia is in Europe political and cultural ties to the Asian portion of Russia World, well we. Is officially just two provinces of the World Cup while taking this quiz Jerusalem and manage everything from.. An aborted fetus from Micronesia to Nur-Sultan in March 2019 `` Cote d'Ivoire '' and it!
Interventional Cardiology Fellowship In Netherlands, Caroline Richard Simon, Spencer Eccles Mission President, Adin Durmanenko Iowa Wolves, Articles C