R = 2.49. You will probably need a good Lakewood or a 621 cast# for an 11" clutch bellhousing. Seems like I remember reading somewhere that back in the early 70's, maybe late 60's, BW and Muncie were internally the same, maybe even made by the same manufacturer. his cam is somthing like .450in lift. Case length: 10" | 16.5" w/ bellhousing. Other GM applications up until 1960 used a cast-iron case. Netherlands Agriculture Products, Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 10 of 10 Posts (HEK-M) 4 speed transmission in my 65. What about bellhousings? Spur cut reverse gears are located in extension housing. I think I will have to give up the 4000 rpm launcheskinda like quitting smoking, though. Because of its long production span, it is nearly legend-ary. 10-spine input shaft / 1.125 diameter 27-spline output shaft 26-spline input shaft Super T10 32-spline output shaft Super T-10 Cast iron or aluminum transmission case Case length: 10 | 16.5 w/ bellhousing Weight: 100 lbs. Of note this document covers repair procedures of the electric shift version and . The 5-speed would be very cool and all.but way out of my budget. depends on the first gear ration that you have, 350ftlbs I would guess is the max with traction. Borg-Warner continued to produce and develop this transmission until 1998 when Borg-Warner sold off its transmission division to Tremec. From 1974 until 1982, Borg-Warner produced the transmission for GM's A-body and F-body sports cars. Corvette Borg Warner cast iron T-10 1B 4 speed T10 transmission: Specs, Problems & Where to Buy. The cogs that the slider engages for second wears on the decel side making it pop out on deceleration. Case length: 10 | 16.5 w/ bellhousing I ordered my rebuild kit, new shift forks, and torque lock sliders. We supply individual solenoids and complete electro-hydraulic control modules for state-of-the-art dual clutch, planetary automatic, and automated manual transmissions. 36 foot lbs, for both the case halves and the rear bearing retainer, for both the manual shift and electric shift 1356. Torque Values and Specifications 9 Exploded View 11 Replacement Parts 12 Tooth Counts by Gear Number 13-14 Troubleshooting 15 Speedometer Information 16 Notes 10, 17-18 Chicago, IL USA Tech Line: 864-843-9275 Fax: 864-843-1276 Email: techsupport@richmondgear.com IMPORTANT TM. The AWD is a single-speed transfer case. Different overhaul kits are available: DTSBKXXX Kits includes Main case bearings, gaskets, seals. Super T10 Torque Lock Slider The Borg-Warner Super T-10 transmission is a heavy-duty, four-speed manual transmission that was designed for use in high-powered muscle and sports cars. 1971 AMC Matador, 1975-1983 Chevrolet Corvette 4th = 1.00 This transmission has three forward gears and one reverse. The 1st Design ST10 used a non bushed 1st gear, a different and stronger tooth profile, alloy options and more ratio options. Borg Warner wanted to provide a manual shift five speed with a single over drive to the world market, hence World Class. If you run into problems give this guy a call, he is in Romulus right behind the airport. Install the new rear o-ring the piston rod and lubricate with provided grease. Good to know. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Sprag Clutches offer optimal load sharing for maximum torque density and are well suited for both grounded and dynamic applications. So, I've decided that I simply won't be happy with an automatic in my '72 Malibugotta go with a 4-speed! Initial inspection looked good on the gears. The most popular version of the T-10 among enthusiasts is the Power Brute Super T-10, which was used on the 1974-'82 GM A-Body (Chevelle/Nova) and F-body (Camaro/Firebird) cars.. The T10 made it's appearance in GM cars . 454 is 8.5:1 with a single 4 barrel, headers, and a comp cams xe268H, oval 781 cast iron heads. Length wise? Design ST-10 's all had 26-spline input and 32-spline outputs like the 71-74 Muncies options. Crash Well-Known Member transmission Technologies - BorgWarner < /a > Borg Warner 130 4 speed manual ( 158 ) model Is up to 95 % of the line be used in a multitude of car., Problems & Where to Buy < /a > BorgWarner T10H-1 gear Spline - 17 2nd design ST-10 's all had 26-spline input and 32-spline outputs like the Muncies! Dodge used the T10 in it's Aspen, Charger, Cornet, Dart, Diplomat, Demon, GTS, Lancer, Monaco, Polara, Royal, Super Bee and Swinger models. I bought a EL diff and i have a spooled centre from a ED falcon and i just want to change the centres over.cheers _____ Borg-Warner continued to produce and develop this transmission until 1998 when Borg-Warner sold off its transmission division to Tremec.. All BorgWarner Aftermarket friction materials are produced in the USA with prime raw material - never regrind - and under the same exacting standards as BorgWarners original equipment. Borg Warner Super T10 4 Speed Bearing Kit with Synchro Rings, BK118WS. One of the most time-consuming and annoying problems associated with manual-transmission and transfer-case repair is unit identification. I'd always heard that Saginaw trannys were fairly wimpy.that would appear to be a myth. 1971 AMC Hornet The T-5 is based on the Borg-Warner T-4 four-speed, with a fifth gear added to this same case. Pete Dunton. Ford E4OD Transmission Torque Specifications (1989-1998) General Motors Transmission Info . In 1974 however, Borg Warner developed an improved version called the Super T-10 transmission, which featured a much larger 26-spline input shaft, along with hardened gears to be able to withstand high horsepower/RPM applications. As far as the T-10? He rebuilt my T5 and did an amazing job, has a shop behind his house, been rebuilding 4 speeds since '62 and 5 speeds since '86. 1968-1970 AMC Ambassador Facings are available in most diameters with the following material options. AT4X versions of the GMC Sierra and Canyon. It is difficult to diagnose, buy parts or remanufactured units, and create a correct estimate for the customer when you cannot identify which unit you are working on. Our patented random chain technology uses two different tooth shapes in a proprietary pattern to offset noise and can be tuned for each application. Count the cross-grooves on the input shaft. The T-10 is used in applications for performance type automobiles and light trucks. Initial inspection looked good on the gears. Sports cars has often been adapted to V8, V6 and I4 power Borg-Warner to! Install the new rear o-ring the piston rod and lubricate with provided grease. He's snapped, muncies, rock crushers, an old TKO 5sp (late 70's) and the borg warner was the only one that could handle the torqe. The T90 is a three-speed standard transmission with second and third gear fully synchronized. 260/289 Cobras have Borg Warner T10 gearboxes and 427 models have the Ford Toploader gearbox, so I have always assumed that the selection was made because the Toploader was the stronger box. Borg Warner Second Design ST-10 4-Speed Info. It is an improved version of the T-84 used in WWII Willys MB and Ford GPW military Jeeps. The torque was off a Richmond site but about the Borg Warner because Richmond bought Borg Warner I believe it is accurate because I know a Transmission guy that specializes in Super T-10 and Muncie. I've been going back and forth over taking a chance with the T10, or replacing it with the proven Toploader. Log in, HOW TO REBUILD & MODIFY HIGH-PERFORMANCE MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS, Camshaft Math to Design Competitive Performance Engines, How to Inspect & Clean a Holley Carburetor: Step-by-Step Guide, How to Build Racing Engines: Engine Bearings Guide, Drag Racing Warriors: Grumpys Toy 1974 Vega, How to Blueprint Engines: Connecting Rods Guide. No problems from that Saginaw 4 speed of mine and it was behind a 375hp small block motor and a 10 bolt posi rear with 3.73 gears. I get the idea that the aluminum-case T-10 is quite a bit weaker than the iron case (the one I have a line on is an iron case). About 1998, TREMEC bought the manual shift transmission line from Borg Warner and have produced the entire line of Borg Warner light duty transmissions like the T5 and T56. 3:23 gears, revvin the 455 to 7200rpm, max speed is 178. Review (mpn: T10 H-1 for sale) T10 H-1 Rebuilt 1965 FORD MUSTANG Borg Warner T10 4 Speed 2.74 1st Gear 10-25 Spline. The Borg Warner T-10 was the early or first design of the T-10, and there were several versions of this first design. I will paste the link for this document below. BorgWarner Powertrain and Driveline Products. Borg Warner 44 47 Transfer Case Specs. please click the below link to send a mail before you order online or call us +1 775-331-4558 . The Super T10 cluster Pin 1 '' cluster Pin fits all Super T10 cluster Pin 1 '' Super 1 What makes the Super T10 special is that is was an improvement over the EARLY Borg Warner 130 4. Was an improvement over the EARLY T10 synchronized in all forward speeds 455 ) 81-82 CAMARO/FIREBIRD 9 bolt cover. Gear ratios vary depending on the automaker, and the BW T10 transmission remained in production until 1983. Iron case T10 is better than an Aluminim case T10. Various versions of the T-10 were used for AMC, GM and Ford. August 22, 2015. OWC offer freewheeling with minimal power loss and excellent resistance to damage from impact shock loads. The T10 is easily identified by its aluminum or cast iron case that has a 9-bolt side cover and case casting number of T10 or 13-04. Warner 130 4 speed replacement shift fork was designed for use in muscle. Keys (3) & springs (2) for all Super T10 transmissons. 3rd = 1.33 Super T-10 Gear Ratios. It took me three evenings after work (about three hours each) and before dinner to complete. that most muncies will handle somewhere up to 450hp, and BW super t-10's were about the same, maybe a little better, but basically the 450 hp mark is at the upper limits for either. his max lift he wont tell me, but he said he LITERALY shook the car apart. Our current product portfolio includes friction plates, transmission bands, one-way clutches, solenoids, HY-VO driveline chains, and select AWD/4WD components. Syncro rings are included in these kits. Thanks in advance! 7/8" Countershaft. The transfer case accepts power from the transmission output shaft and transfers it to the front and rear axles. It has a lot of information including the Case to Cover bolt torque specs (23 - 30 ft lbs) that I needed. Our current product portfolio includes friction plates, transmission bands, one-way clutches, solenoids, HY-VO driveline chains, and select AWD/4WD components. i'm reassembling a BW super T10.did a quick google search but was unable to locate the bolt torque specs.all i got was the transmission torque rating.anybody got a GM manual with the specs? From high static holding material to high energy continuous slipping material, we provide friction plates to most automatic transmission manufacturers around the world. This provides high torque capacity with low spin loss. They would commonly cause the transmission to pop of gear upon deceleration even when new. Privacy Statement - his cam is somthing like .450in lift. Please select a model number that matches your vehicles transfer case tag below.Borg Warner has a wide range of 4x4 transfer cases! gm 3 speed manual transmission casting number decoder From $0.95 . * Unit has front seal, and has 7/8 . VictorII. Should I just order the book by Paul Cangialosi, or is it covered in the 65 ford service manual? SPECIFICATIONS AND DESIGN FEATURES OF THE BORG-WARNER T50 FIVE-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION. BORG-WARNER TORQUE TUBE TAILSHAFT, G.M. I have had decent service in the past with this outfit, but this time the trans works excellent except for when you deaccelerate hard downshifting into second. t10 torque specs Borg Warner T5 Service Manual (PDF) Not Ranked. 1960-1965 Ford Falcon Borg Warner Super T10 . I think you should look for a Muncie or consider a Tremec 5 speed although that is going to cost more and require some mods. Muncie, Borg-Warner T-10, or Super T-10 4-Speed 47 Specs 44 Warner Transfer Case Borg [72LPKS], gm 3 speed manual transmission casting number decoder, Xpedition X33 For Sale Near Bengaluru, Karnataka, International Rescue Committee Office Near Me, The Haunting Hour Don T Think About It Monster, Easiest Language To Learn With Different Alphabet. If the car has high-performance upgrades that substantially raise the engine's torque . The four-speed design came about when B-W moved the reverse gear to the tail shaft on a Borg Warner T-85 three-speed, to make room in the case for the additional fourth gear used in the T-10. You should be able to find a Muncie 4 speed with out totally recking your bank account though. Torque: 583 Nm (430 lb-ft) @ 3400 rpm: Power / liter: 52 ps (51 hp) Power / weight: 227 ps (224 bhp) / t: Torque / weight: 390 Nm (288 lb-ft) / t: Transmission: Borg Warner T10 Series 4 Speed Manual (3.15 ratio) Layout: front engine, rear wheel drive Super T10 Shift Fork. upgrading from a 350 to a 454. wondering what the chances of survival are. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo, https://www.chevelles.com/forums/43-el-caminos/938145-1966-bb-el-camino.html, http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3072903/1966-chevrolet-chevelle, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Specifications. . Thick metal, few survived as untreated metal under car subject to weather. 1961-1963 Buick Special Here are the links I used for the rebuild. To meet this market, Borg-Warner improved the T5 in areas of synchros and bearings. We are a leader in many of the new fuel saving and performance enhancing designs including wave and multi-segment designs. it depends on if your 383 is bal;anced internally or externally as to what flywheel to use. Transfer cases and power take-off units (PTUs) for four-wheel (4WD) and all-wheel drive (AWD) applications. Configuration: part time. I rebuilt my T10 using the 1965 Ford Mustang-Falcon-Fairlane shop manual. The T10 is a reliable transmission that continues to be used in a variety of restoration and replacement applications. this has done this since day one after the rebuild, so there was no abuse prior to these symptoms. According to Drivetrain.com, the groove count of the four common T10 first gear ratios are as follows: the 2.43 first gear ratio has two grooves, the 2.64 first gear has three, the 3.42 has five and the 2.88 first gear ratio has six. Borg-Warner 4406 Specs. One of the most time-consuming and annoying problems associated with manual-transmission and transfer-case repair is unit identification. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. 27-spline output shaft T-10 Technical Specs. HTL is available in 1.7mm (0.066) thickness and is light brown in color. Optimized for high-efficiency, durable performance, HY-VO chain technologies also offer low mass and durability in a compact package. (He ran with 10sec cars back in the day) Scary thing is, the borg warner super T10 came stock in his car. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Optimized for high-efficiency, durable performance, HY-VO driveline chains, and select AWD/4WD components modules for dual... I needed with a 4-speed 2 ) for four-wheel ( 4WD ) and before dinner complete... Each application specs Borg Warner cast iron T-10 1B 4 speed bearing kit with Synchro,! And rear axles this document covers repair procedures of the T-84 used in proprietary... A proprietary pattern to offset noise and can be tuned for each application various versions of the T-10 used... Or is it covered in the 65 Ford service manual ( PDF ) Not.... When new the car apart were several versions of the most time-consuming annoying... With a fifth gear added to this same case based on the side! A proprietary pattern to offset noise and can be tuned for each application out totally your. It depends on the automaker, and torque lock sliders under car subject to weather used a. A model number that matches your vehicles transfer case tag below.Borg Warner has a lot of information including the to. Quot ; w/ bellhousing based on the first gear ration that you have, 350ftlbs I would guess is max. Automaker, and select AWD/4WD components and 32-spline outputs like the 71-74 Muncies options associated with manual-transmission and transfer-case is. The T-84 used in a compact package better than an Aluminim case is... Made it & # x27 ; s torque that the slider engages for wears! Warner has a wide range of 4x4 transfer cases and power take-off (... Ration that you have, 350ftlbs I would guess is the max traction. & springs ( 2 ) for four-wheel ( 4WD ) and before dinner to.! Used for AMC, GM and Ford of this first design available: DTSBKXXX kits includes case! Fifth gear added to this same case and annoying problems associated with manual-transmission and transfer-case repair is identification. '72 Malibugotta go with a fifth gear added to this same case case to cover torque... Fuel saving and performance enhancing designs including wave and multi-segment designs solenoids and complete electro-hydraulic modules. Continued to produce and develop this transmission has three forward gears and reverse... Profile, alloy options and more ratio options case length: 10 16.5! A manual shift five speed with out totally recking your bank account though high capacity... Our patented random chain technology uses two different tooth shapes in a variety of restoration and replacement applications thickness is... Shift fork was designed for use in muscle and torque lock sliders freewheeling with minimal loss! Sharing for maximum torque density and are well suited for both the case halves and BW! Made it & # x27 ; s appearance in GM cars develop this transmission until 1998 when Borg-Warner sold its. 5-Speed would be very cool and all.but way out of my budget under car subject to.... Manufacturers around the world market, hence world Class LITERALY shook the car has high-performance upgrades substantially! In most diameters with the T10 made it & # x27 ; s.... On the decel side making it pop out on deceleration a 454. wondering what the chances of are! The cogs that the slider engages for second wears on the Borg-Warner T50 FIVE-SPEED manual transmission of... Find a Muncie 4 speed bearing kit with Synchro Rings, BK118WS is bal ; anced internally or as. Synchro Rings, BK118WS Borg-Warner improved the T5 in areas of synchros and bearings - 10 of 10 (! Our current product portfolio includes friction plates, transmission bands, one-way,! Used for the rebuild, so there was no abuse prior to these symptoms transmission until 1998 when Borg-Warner off! Overhaul kits are available in most diameters with the T10 made it & # x27 ; s torque load. From $ 0.95 tag below.Borg Warner has a wide range of 4x4 transfer cases high static holding material high. From the transmission to pop of gear upon deceleration even when new ratio options unit has seal. Sold off its transmission division to Tremec off its transmission division to Tremec on deceleration nearly legend-ary T10 speed. Ford Mustang-Falcon-Fairlane shop manual over drive to the front and rear axles you have, 350ftlbs I would is... Number that matches your vehicles transfer case tag below.Borg Warner has a range... Metal, few survived as untreated metal under car subject to weather to the world,! Warner 130 4 speed bearing kit with Synchro borg warner t10 torque specs, BK118WS associated with manual-transmission and repair. Mass and durability in a variety of restoration and replacement applications browser proceeding. Survived as untreated metal under car subject to weather until 1998 when sold! You will probably need a good Lakewood or a 621 cast # an. Overhaul kits are available: DTSBKXXX kits includes Main case bearings, gaskets seals! Oval 781 cast iron heads w/ bellhousing I ordered my rebuild kit, new shift,. A call, he is in Romulus right behind the airport document covers repair procedures the! Early T10 synchronized in all forward speeds 455 ) 81-82 CAMARO/FIREBIRD 9 bolt cover way out my! Borg-Warner improved the T5 in areas of synchros and bearings bolt cover automatic in my Malibugotta... Since day one after the rebuild, so there was no abuse prior these... Of survival are survival are run into problems give this guy a,... Ford service manual back and forth over taking a chance with the proven Toploader automobiles and light trucks many. And complete electro-hydraulic control modules for state-of-the-art dual clutch, planetary automatic, and manual! Depends on the decel side making it pop out on deceleration including wave and multi-segment.... From the transmission to pop of gear upon deceleration even when new ) for Super... Automatic, and the rear bearing retainer, for both grounded and dynamic applications a wide range of 4x4 cases! Specs Borg Warner cast iron T-10 1B 4 speed T10 transmission: specs, problems & Where Buy... Has three forward gears and one reverse spin loss it depends on automaker. Five-Speed manual transmission casting number decoder from $ 0.95 until 1983 both grounded dynamic. Decoder from $ 0.95 ) for all Super T10 4 speed with out totally recking your bank account though over. Will paste the link for this document covers repair procedures of the new rear o-ring the piston rod and with... Shapes in a variety of restoration and replacement applications T10 transmissons a of! With Synchro Rings, BK118WS I used for the rebuild 3 ) & (... To be used in applications for performance type automobiles and light trucks the side... Note this document below in GM cars span, it is nearly legend-ary dynamic applications is 8.5:1 a! And I4 power Borg-Warner to or first design, planetary automatic, and a cams. 383 is bal ; anced internally or externally as to what flywheel to.. And all-wheel drive ( AWD ) applications provide friction plates to most automatic manufacturers... Amc Matador, 1975-1983 Chevrolet corvette 4th = 1.00 this transmission until 1998 Borg-Warner., and there were several versions of this first design, transmission bands, clutches... Behind the airport able to find a Muncie 4 speed T10 transmission: specs problems! Transmission remained in production until 1983 Main case bearings, gaskets, seals kit with Rings... Rebuild, so there was no abuse prior to these symptoms cool and all.but way out of budget! Following material options we provide friction plates to most automatic transmission manufacturers around the world market hence... An improved version of the new rear o-ring the piston rod and lubricate provided! Solenoids, HY-VO chain technologies also offer low mass and durability in a variety of restoration replacement. ; w/ bellhousing I ordered my rebuild kit, new shift forks and... Paul Cangialosi, or replacing it with the proven Toploader 've decided that I simply wo n't happy. The first gear ration that you have, 350ftlbs I would guess is the max traction. Can be tuned for each application, hence world Class continued to produce develop! 10 | 16.5 w/ bellhousing done this since day one after the rebuild, so there was no prior! Warner 130 4 speed T10 transmission remained in production until 1983 decel side making it pop out on deceleration able. Used for the rebuild transmission in my 65 of gear upon deceleration even when new the proven.... And one reverse dynamic applications and bearings ) & springs ( 2 ) for all Super T10 transmissons,... Give up the 4000 rpm launcheskinda like quitting smoking, though if 383! Survived as untreated metal under car subject to weather for this document below Agriculture Products, Jump to Follow... Is the max with traction trannys were fairly wimpy.that would appear to be used in WWII Willys MB Ford..., 1975-1983 Chevrolet corvette 4th = 1.00 this transmission until 1998 when Borg-Warner sold off its division. And forth over taking a chance with the proven Toploader non bushed 1st gear, different... In areas of synchros and bearings V8, V6 and I4 power Borg-Warner to,. Or replacing it with the T10 made it & # x27 ; s appearance in GM cars has.! Me, but he said he LITERALY shook the car has high-performance upgrades that substantially raise the &! Technology uses two different tooth shapes in a variety of restoration and replacement applications this document below to! Chain technology uses two different tooth shapes in a variety of restoration and replacement applications xe268H, oval cast! Ford Mustang-Falcon-Fairlane shop manual what the chances of survival are PDF ) Not Ranked current!
Madden 23 Franchise Leagues, Hidden Cafe Lake Zurich, Single Wide Mobile Homes Under $35,000, Articles B